Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cannot connect to "https://xyz.com/service/soap/".

maggikr is offline Junior Member

Tell me, is zimbra server ever not behind firewall if it suppose to be publicly available ?

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by maggikr View Post
    Tell me, is zimbra server ever not behind firewall if it suppose to be publicly available ?
    Do you think I know the set-up of every Zimbra installation? To answer your question, yes there are Zimbra server (and other mail servers) that I know of that aren't behind a firewall, you might also consider a server in a DMZ to be not behind a firewall. Is there some specific reason you ask that question?
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

No, sorry if I sound stubit.
    No, just because this firewall method is not mentioned in the setup instructions and I do not "publish on the internet" any server without a firewall setup.
    Im no guru in this senario but I try my best.

I lookt at the logs and I can not see any error regardign soap..
    This is what usually is shown in audit.log

2011-02-18 12:50:08,955 INFO [btpool0-7://localhost:7071/service/admin/soap/AuthRequest] [name=zimbra;ip=127.0.0.1;ua=zmprov/7.0.0_GA_3077;] security - cmd=AdminAuth; account=zimbra;
    2011-02-18 12:50:09,005 INFO [btpool0-7://localhost:7071/service/admin/soap/AuthRequest] [name=zimbra;ip=127.0.0.1;ua=zmprov/7.0.0_GA_3077;] security - cmd=Auth; account=zimbra; protocol=soap;
    2011-02-18 12:53:06,663 INFO [ImapSSLServer-7] [ip=62.145.147.50;] security - cmd=Auth; account=magnus@lindin.is; protocol=imap;

Problem solved :
    The problem is not Split DNS.
    Phoenix: Thanks for your tip, but your idea was not the case.
    Standard setup of Zimbra is serving Zimbra desktop and web logon on port 80, non secure.
    By running "su - zimbra zmtlsctl https" and restart the server, I enabled communication throu port 443. Both for Zimbra Desktop as well for web access.

Regards.
    Maggi.

jempson is offline Member

I see there has been no response to this question after a year. Has anyone found a resolution for this problem?

I have recently installed Release 7.2.0_GA_2669.UBUNTU10_64 UBUNTU10_64 FOSS edition version of ZCS and 7.1.4 version of ZD. I to am receiving an error when attempting to connect to my account on ZCS from ZD. I have a feeling that the issue is not DNS as split DNS is only relevant when you want clients from one network to resolve a hostname to an IP that is relevant to that network or location. As I am using a single interface and IP address split dns would be silly to use as all networks would be resolving the same hostname to the same IP. I have a feeling that the error is due to the fact that I am using the default SSL cert which is created when the Zimbra server is built. As I do not have a CA on my network or the funds to purchase a global cert for testing I can not verify if this is infact true. If someone has tested this and knows the answer please respond to this forum thread with your resolution.

Thanks,
    Jared

Hello Jared.
    It seem as you are having the same issue as I had.
    Let me quote my earlier response in this thread.
    "Standard setup of Zimbra is serving Zimbra desktop and web logon on port 80, non secure.
    By running "su - zimbra zmtlsctl https" and restart the server, I enabled communication throu port 443. Both for Zimbra Desktop as well for web access. "
    This seem to be crucial for Zimbra Desktop communicating with ZCS.

But on the other hand I quit using Zimbra Desktop after frequent problem with it.
    Its very heavy on old computers, wer talking about they become SLOWWWWWWWW when running ZD client.
    And several times I lost data in syncing with ZCS.
    So I use the web interface and its rock soli.

Regards.
    Maggi

jempson is offline Member

Maggi,

Thank you for your reply. I did see your message and disregarded it because I have been connecting up to my ZCS server via HTTPS since installing it. I thus figured the newer version of ZCS defaulted to HTTPS. I apologize for not heading your advice the first time.

Again thank you for replying. And good to know about ZD. I have used it in the past, but only with IMAP servers, Yahoo and Gmail. I hope 7.1.4 has resolved at least the sync issues you experienced. Though fiew of my users will require a client it would be nice for those that need offline access to their email.

Jared

LoneCrowe is offline Member

This fixed it for me too.. thanks for that.

Quote Originally Posted by maggikr View Post
    Problem solved :
    The problem is not Split DNS.
    Phoenix: Thanks for your tip, but your idea was not the case.
    Standard setup of Zimbra is serving Zimbra desktop and web logon on port 80, non secure.
    By running "su - zimbra zmtlsctl https" and restart the server, I enabled communication throu port 443. Both for Zimbra Desktop as well for web access.

Regards.
    Maggi.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information