Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Zimbra 7 Web Client Font Problem

waltholman is offline Intermediate Member

The change in fonts works great for the normal interface, thanks for the tip! I'm still struggling with the body text for plain-text mails though... It looks like it's using courier no matter what I put in for the "FontFamily-fixed" entry. Unfortunately, with the default clear-type in WinXP, it's fairly skinny and faded. I suppose it's always been that way, but I'm mostly in Win7 / Linux & hadn't noticed it. Anybody have any luck changing the fixed font to something like "Lucida Console" or similar? Or, barring that, just changing the weight to bold?

Update: You can change the weight by specifying it after the font family: Helvitica; font-weight:bold; or so.... Also, the fixed font changes were populating, but required a cache flush by the browser to see it. Doh!
    Last edited by waltholman; 03-14-2011 at 02:40 PM.

Cringer is offline Loyal Member

I'm using Win XP and don't see a problem. But I do have quite a collection of fonts installed on all machines. Probably this the cause of some problems and the solution to others.
    When I upgraded to 7.0.1 last week I had to go in and change the font setting again. I think Zimbra could do with a way to allow user selected fonts, so that upgrades don't effect our choices. Then the upgrade notes could just make suggestions, or the system default for those not chosen specifically.
    -Si-

Harley77 is offline Active Member

This was the first thing several of my users noticed and complained about after the upgrade. We have mostly XP machines with IE7/8 as the browser. The font quality was horrible. Changing the font string fixed it back.

I also added my vote to bugzilla.

zimubu is offline New Member

Default ZD 7 fonts issue

Can you please help me out in informing how to change the display fonts in Zimbra Desktop 7 beta..

Tried to do as mentioned in this thread but nothing is changing. Kindly help !

I haven't tried or needed to change the fonts in Zimbra Desktop. Partly because I run ZD under Linux on my home PC. But I would have thought a reboot of the PC would be all that is required after you have made your changes.
    If not I will have a go at changing the font later, when home.

zimubu is offline New Member

Default ZD 7 Fonts

Thanks for your reply. What i requested is to know the procedure for changing the default fonts. I use Ubuntu 10.10 & would like to have Ubuntu Fonts for ZD as well. Using ZD for my Pop3 email no ZCS. Kindly reply

Default Zimbra Desktop 7 default font change

I've now upgraded one of my windows laptops to use Dimbra Desktop 7.01 and hit the Helvetica font problem again.
    Digging around I found that the advise given above is correct (well almost, as this was windows), but I couldn't find a way to clear the Skin Cache.

The file under windows to edit is (used notepad:
    c:/program files/zimbra/Zimbra Desktop/jetty/webapps/zimbra/skins/_base/base2/skin.properties

Changed my default font line to:
    FontFamily-default = font-family:tahoma, geneva, verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif;

Then just changed the theme to something else, saved, then change it back to what I wanted, and saved again. Problem solved.

I hope this helps someone else, but at least it will help me, when I next try and remember.

-Si-

mtk
    mtk is offline Intermediate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cringer View Post
    The file under windows to edit is (used notepad:
    c:/program files/zimbra/Zimbra Desktop/jetty/webapps/zimbra/skins/_base/base2/skin.properties

Changed my default font line to:
    FontFamily-default = font-family:tahoma, geneva, verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif;
    Great hint, thanks for that.
    Oddly, this works for all themes but for Carbon. Do you know where these settings are hidden?

Cheers
    mike

d2globalinc is offline Special Member

Quote Originally Posted by mtk View Post
    Great hint, thanks for that.
    Oddly, this works for all themes but for Carbon. Do you know where these settings are hidden?

Cheers
    mike
    Same here - Won't work w/ carbon.

Also - the web UI fonts are still screwed up in chrome on our Windows 7 Workstations... So we have been using Zimbra Desktop where we could do this font hack.. Now after the latest Zimbra Desktop update, we lost that fix, and this one above doesn't work for carbon..

We have ATI/AMD video cards as well - not sure if that makes a difference w/ the font issue...
    - SLM -

d2globalinc is offline Special Member

To follow up - I edited the carbon theme's skin.properties file as well and then removed the directory: "C:\Users\(username)\AppData\Local\Zimbra\Zimb ra Desktop\data\tmp\diskcache\skinres\"

Removing that directory - cleared the cache for the skins w/ Zimbra Desktop, and then the font changes were showing the next time I started Zimbra Desktop..

Is there just an easy fix to get the fonts to work out of the box, or is this something Zimbra just hasn't wanted to do? This all started sometime with Zimbra 7.. Before that, fonts were fine.. Now we get complaints from clients about it looking like crap, etc - and things break after every update.

Guess thats why we are moving to Google Apps within the year.. Zimbra has changed owners so many times and things just keep getting worse..
    - SLM -

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information