Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Failing upgrade from 6.0.10 to 7.0 Ubuntu server 8.04.4 LTS 32-bit multiserver

j2b
    j2b is offline Special Member

@tim_ba: Thank you for suggestion. I changed title of the issue, as well as added some edits to first post. Un fortunately, I had to hurry because of timing, and decided to migrate to v7 with fresh install, moving accounts with imapsync. For me and my timeframe this was the only option. We are done for 90% for now. Due to this, we will switch off our old VMs in a nearest month, and I have no further options to deal with migration issues. I'll leave this post open, if in future somebody can find similar issues or solutions, if nobody mind that.

tim_ba is offline Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by tim_ba View Post
    Same problems after a try to upgrade to 7.0.1. It may be the problem with our configuration.
    I successfully upgraded from 6.0.12 to 7.1.0. on the same 32bit system. There were only some minor problems, such as failed user creation. Switch to 64bit will wait for a while.
    There may be 2 reasons for this: something in 7.1.0. different from 7.0.x, which I didn't find, or simply dependencies I installed, it's all written in Quick Start. These are for RHEL, please check for other OS.

# yum install ssh glibc-headers glibc-common glibc-devel libidn gmp sysstat file sudo compat-libstdc++-296-2.96-138.i386 compat-libstdc++-33-3.2.3-61.i386

keynet is offline Junior Member

Default Fix for failed upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by j2b View Post
    [EDIT:] As to recommendations from tim_ba Failing upgrade from 6.0.10 to 7.0 Ubuntu server 8.04.4 LTS 32-bit multiserver, I added VM to title of this post.

< snip>

Creating server entry for ldap.company.com...failed.
    Setting TimeZone Preference...failed.
    and after getting last log on cli:
    Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: TRACE
    at com.zimbra.common.util.Log.<clinit>(Log.java:44)
    at com.zimbra.common.util.LogFactory.getLog(LogFactor y.java:50)
    at com.zimbra.common.util.ZimbraLog.<clinit>(ZimbraLo g.java:115)
    at com.zimbra.cs.account.ProvUtil.main(ProvUtil.java: 2875)

</snip>
    I had the same issue when upgrading from 5.0.26 to 7.1.4 - after a failed upgrade - the failed upgrade is the issue. Basically I made a hotch of reconfiguring when trying to reduce the large number log messages in 7.1.4, so zapped the new install, restored my backup which worked OK. But then another attempt to upgrade from 5 to 7 failed with the java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: TRACE error. This was repeatable over several attempts. I found that this was because I had not removed the 7.1.4 packages from rpm, and there is some dependency in the upgrade process on the packages reported by rpm.

If you check and remove the upgraded zimbra packages from rpm (either manually or zimbra uninstall), then re-install same original version and restore your backup over it to recover your data and config, then re-do the upgrade, it should work . Well it did for me!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information