Thread: 3rd party email service for web community

TheEntrepreneur is offline Starter Member

Default 3rd party email service for web community

Hello,

I have a question about Zimbra. We are building an entrepreneur blog community. What I would like to know is if something like zimbra is a good solution for using as an email solution?

I am new to Zimbra. Can I think of it like an smtp relay service? I have been looking into Rackspace as well for their email. I just don't want to build a community using my default server email, especially as the community grows and there are lots of emails being sent back and forth.

Any advise?

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by TheEntrepreneur View Post
    I have a question about Zimbra. We are building an entrepreneur blog community. What I would like to know is if something like zimbra is a good solution for using as an email solution?
    It would depend on what your requirements are for a mail server.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEntrepreneur View Post
    I am new to Zimbra. Can I think of it like an smtp relay service? I have been looking into Rackspace as well for their email. I just don't want to build a community using my default server email, especially as the community grows and there are lots of emails being sent back and forth.
    Zimbra is more than a mail server, it's a complete collaboration suite. There are two versions available, an open source version and a Network Edition and the OS version is free to install and has many of the same features as NE. The NE version is a available for a fee and both of those versions are installed on your local server and managed by you. A comparison of the versions is available here: Zimbra - Compare Products

If you could expand on of what exactly you want to do with Zimbra it might help expand the replies to your post with a bit more detail.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Thread Information