Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Negative right to disable ability for domainadmin to create domainadmin accounts?

  1. #1
    ThomS is offline Intermediate Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    23
    Rep Power
    5

    Default Negative right to disable ability for domainadmin to create domainadmin accounts?

    I would like to revoke the ability for a domainadmin to create (or upgrade an account to be) a domainadministrator.

    Is there an attribute right in Zimbra that I can use to achieve this? I have searched the zimbra site, the forums and the Zimbra Admin manual but haven't found an answer to this.

    We are currently using Zimbra version 6.0.8.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Saturdays is offline Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    198
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThomS View Post
    I would like to revoke the ability for a domainadmin to create (or upgrade an account to be) a domainadministrator.

    Is there an attribute right in Zimbra that I can use to achieve this? I have searched the zimbra site, the forums and the Zimbra Admin manual but haven't found an answer to this.

    We are currently using Zimbra version 6.0.8.

    Thanks
    check if revoking the modifyaccount right for the domain admin will fix the issue.

  3. #3
    fyd
    fyd is offline Elite Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    373
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThomS View Post
    domainadmin to create (or upgrade an account to be) a domainadministrator.
    Is that a typo? you referring the latter to globaladmin I guess.

  4. #4
    ThomS is offline Intermediate Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    23
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fyd View Post
    Is that a typo? you referring the latter to globaladmin I guess.
    Not a typo, but you are right that it is a weird sentence. What I meant is that I also want to disable the possibility to upgrade a normal user account (non-admin ) to domainadmin.

    @Saturdays: thanks for the suggestion. I will check whether this does the trick and let you know.

    Thanks so far

  5. #5
    fyd
    fyd is offline Elite Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    373
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThomS View Post
    Not a typo, but you are right that it is a weird sentence. What I meant is that I also want to disable the possibility to upgrade a normal user account (non-admin ) to domainadmin.
    Thanks so far
    Its better now .. I just played around with domain admin rights, it is a jungle out there. Besides taking away the right to change an account to domain admin status, adding modifyAccount as a negative attribute will take away some other privileges from the domain admin as well like modify account contact details.

    But that is the closest I could get. Another one was giving negative attribute with 'setDomainAdminAccountAndCalendarResourceAttrs'

    I would like to revoke the ability for a domainadmin to create
    Under default right, a domain admin won't be able to create a domain admin in the first place, only upgrade the status of a normal account.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Bulk Create for Archive Accounts
    By cswihart in forum Administrators
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-26-2008, 02:04 PM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-21-2007, 02:46 PM
  3. Cant send emails/Cant create accounts
    By Asish in forum Installation
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-22-2007, 03:24 AM
  4. Can Not create new accounts 3.2.0_M2_224.FC4.
    By jdmonc in forum Administrators
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-01-2006, 01:51 PM
  5. script auto create email accounts
    By raidip in forum Administrators
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-29-2005, 11:46 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •