Thread: One Control Panel, but Different Domains?

Danielc1234 is offline Member

Question One Control Panel, but Different Domains?

I was curious if this can be accomplished for our employees and what is the best way. By all means...if there is a better method of doing what we are thinking about, I would love to hear input.

We have multiple (20) domains and need to setup our employees to have their emails per domain created.

I was hoping to have each employee be able to log into one control panel and be able to work with all their domain(s) emails in that one control panel, instead of having to log out and go into their other domain account. Is that possible to do this? And how could I accomplish this via the Admin GUI?

And example of the setup is (per employee)

Emp1@domain1.com
    Emp1@domain2.com
    Emp1@domain3.com
    Emp1@domain4.com, etc.

Thanks in Advance! - Daniel

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

It seems the most likely answer to your question would be a 'Persona', an option in the user Preferences tab. That would allow the users toreceive all the email for each account in their Inbox and reply to those with a persona and the 'reply to' & 'from' will be set to the correct domain. The user can also use the Search function to show just the email from one domain, if they prefer to see that, and the search can be saved for ease of use. The final piece of this would be to give each user an alias for each of the email addresses that he's expected to use from the other domains.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Danielc1234 is offline Member

That makes sense.

But can the mail signature (persona) know which one to use when replying or does the user have to select which one? And how many personas can be assigned to that one user?

Also, would you happen to know if this would carry over if we were to use Outlook to retrieve that user's main account?

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Danielc1234 View Post
    But can the mail signature (persona) know which one to use when replying or does the user have to select which one?
    You can set it to use a specific persona when: "replying or forwarding messages sent to" or "Replying to or forwarding messages in folder(s)".

And how many personas can be assigned to that one user?
    Unlimited for all practical purposes, as far as I know.

Also, would you happen to know if this would carry over if we were to use Outlook to retrieve that user's main account?
    Not if you're just using Outlook as an IMAP client, you get that functionality with the NE Connector for Outlook (obviously, NE is a paid-for product) or with Zimbra Desktop as the client.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Thread Information