Thread: Email not being received by select users/domains

ajaylamb is offline New Member

Default Email not being received by select users/domains

I have been using Zimbra now for a couple of years on a Ubuntu 6.06 server and all has been going quite well. About 4 months ago my Zimbra server was hacked and was being used to send out 100s of thousands of SPAM email daily. I managed to fix the problem and get removed from all the RBLs listed by companies like MXtoolbox. So most is now well. My current problem is a few of our clients are not getting email from our server. I have been looking closely at the logs in our Zimbra server and all the emails that are said to be missing I see as delivered in the log files. Is this a case of cached blacklisting and how do I get around this. I know one customer is going through a google server and for some reason we can send to certain users at that customer and not others. I did test sending to my gmail account and it went right through. I have read about DKIM and I know that can be set up with Zimbra (while not built in) is that my answer? Thanks for advice....

Ajay Lamb

Release 6.0.5_GA_2213.UBUNTU6_64 UBUNTU6_64 NETWORK edition

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by ajaylamb View Post
    I have been using Zimbra now for a couple of years on a Ubuntu 6.06 server and all has been going quite well. About 4 months ago my Zimbra server was hacked and was being used to send out 100s of thousands of SPAM email daily. I managed to fix the problem and get removed from all the RBLs listed by companies like MXtoolbox. So most is now well. My current problem is a few of our clients are not getting email from our server. I have been looking closely at the logs in our Zimbra server and all the emails that are said to be missing I see as delivered in the log files. Is this a case of cached blacklisting and how do I get around this. I know one customer is going through a google server and for some reason we can send to certain users at that customer and not others. I did test sending to my gmail account and it went right through. I have read about DKIM and I know that can be set up with Zimbra (while not built in) is that my answer? Thanks for advice....
    If you can see an entry in the log files saying that it's been delivered to another mail server (assuming it's the correct one ) and you haven't had it bounce then the problem is at the receiving end, not yours. If they have evidence that you're on a blacklist (or some other problem) then you should be able to get the information from them. In any case, you should contact their mail admin and give them the evidence that an email was delivered to their server and tell them their user hasn't received it.

Please put the following information in your forum profile otherwise we have to keep asking 'which version....':

Quote Originally Posted by ajaylamb View Post
    Release 6.0.5_GA_2213.UBUNTU6_64 UBUNTU6_64 NETWORK edition
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Thread Information