Thread: [SOLVED] Sender address rejected: unverified address

bornsilly is offline Member

Default [SOLVED] Sender address rejected: unverified address

Hi All,

Been using Zimbra now for a long time and just recently started to implement it on a new server.

I have installed version 7 but am experiencing a problem. Whenever i send a email i see in the logs the following

Code:
    Jan  2 00:01:16 mail postfix/smtp[7528]: C000746209F: to=<xxxx@xxx.com>, relay=mail2.xxxxxxxxx.nl[xx.xx.xxx.xx]:25, delay=0.11, delays=0.01/0/0.09/0.01, dsn=4.1.7, status=deferred (host xxx.xxxxx.xxx[xx.xx.xx.xx] said: 450 4.1.7 <user@hide-out.net>: Sender address rejected: unverified address: connect to mail.hide-out.net[xxx.xxx.xx.xxx]:25: Connection refused (in reply to RCPT TO command))
    Strange thing is if i send a message to the unverified address that it just arrives within zimbra.

Since i am behind a firewall and i forward the information to my old zimbra server it all seems to work just fine. I have no idea what the problem can be.

Hopefully somebody can help me on this.

Thanks in advance.

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

When post error messages in the forums it would help if you gave further messages that are around the time the problem happened, posting one line out-of-context isn't always helpful.

You also haven't given much of a description of where both of these servers are located: are they on the same LAN; do they share the same domain; do they both have correct DNS records and host files; Have you set-up a Split Domain for these servers?
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    When post error messages in the forums it would help if you gave further messages that are around the time the problem happened, posting one line out-of-context isn't always helpful.

You also haven't given much of a description of where both of these servers are located: are they on the same LAN; do they share the same domain; do they both have correct DNS records and host files; Have you set-up a Split Domain for these servers?
    Apologies, not always sure what information should be provided. I indeed use a split DNS configuration. The problem only happens in a few instances when the server i send the email to makes a connection back to verify the sender of message is actually available on the server sending the email. Other emails which are send from the mailserver arrive without a problem. The emails being send are send to different email server outside my LAN. Checking the MX record check within Zimbra administration tells me i have a valid DNS and since i can both send as receive email on the server i think that the DNS setup is correct.

Also if if i telnet into the zimbra server (from outside my LAN) and send the defaults commands (MAIL TO: RCPT TO:, etc) i do not get that the sender of the message is invalid or a connection refused.

Have therefore no idea where to look.
    Last edited by bornsilly; 01-02-2011 at 02:19 AM.

And then it all started working out of the blue. I wish i could say that i have changed anything but i havent.

Thread Information