Thread: [SOLVED] Which Right(s) to Grant in order to use "Mailbox Quota" statistics

potlgd is offline Junior Member

Question [SOLVED] Which Right(s) to Grant in order to use Mailbox Quota statistics

Hi, folks.

I am in the process of trying to setup limited Admin Groups. I've got most of what I need, but presently, when viewing the statistics for my servers using the limited Group, the "Mailbox Quota" tab is empty. I assume this is an ACL problem because the info works fine when using a Global Admin account.

I have the following Grants on the limited group:

global:
    adminConsoleBackupRights
    adminConsoleCOSRights
    adminConsoleMailQueueRights
    adminConsoleServerStatisticRights
    adminConsoleServerStatusRights
    domainAdminAccountRights
    domainAdminZimletRights

domain:
    adminConsoleAccountRights
    adminConsoleAliasRights
    adminConsoleDLRights
    adminConsoleResourceRights
    adminConsoleSavedSearchRights
    domainAdminConsoleRights
    getDomainQuotaUsage

server:
    getMailboxStats

Any clues as to which Rights, or any other bits, I may be missing to make this work?

Update: I just found the error being generated by my attempts:

Code:
    2010-12-07 15:21:58,398 INFO  [btpool0-9681://my.server:7071/service/admin/soap/GetQuotaUsageRequest] [name=me@my.domain;mid=10;ip=0.0.0.0;ua=ZimbraWebClient - FF3.0 (Linux);] soap - GetQuotaUsageRequest
    2010-12-07 15:21:58,399 INFO  [btpool0-9681://my.server:7071/service/admin/soap/GetQuotaUsageRequest] [name=me@my.domain;mid=10;ip=0.0.0.0;ua=ZimbraWebClient - FF3.0 (Linux);] SoapEngine - handler exception
    com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException: permission denied: need right: PSEUDO_SYSTEM_ADMIN_ONLY for global globalacltarget
    ExceptionId:btpool0-9681://my.server:7071/service/admin/soap/GetQuotaUsageRequest:1291753318399:ff4923d6a8c52770
    Code:service.PERM_DENIED
            at com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException.PERM_DENIED(ServiceException.java:278)
            at com.zimbra.cs.service.admin.AdminAccessControl$ACLAccessControl.checkRight(AdminAccessControl.java:549)
            at com.zimbra.cs.service.admin.AdminDocumentHandler.checkRight(AdminDocumentHandler.java:374)
            at com.zimbra.cs.service.admin.GetQuotaUsage.handle(GetQuotaUsage.java:94)
            at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatchRequest(SoapEngine.java:420)
            at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.java:274)
            at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.java:158)
            at com.zimbra.soap.SoapServlet.doWork(SoapServlet.java:291)
            at com.zimbra.soap.SoapServlet.doPost(SoapServlet.java:212)
            at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:727)
            at com.zimbra.cs.servlet.ZimbraServlet.service(ZimbraServlet.java:181)
            at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:511)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1166)
            at com.zimbra.cs.servlet.SetHeaderFilter.doFilter(SetHeaderFilter.java:79)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1157)
            at org.mortbay.servlet.UserAgentFilter.doFilter(UserAgentFilter.java:81)
            at org.mortbay.servlet.GzipFilter.doFilter(GzipFilter.java:132)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1157)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:388)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:182)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:765)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:418)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:230)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:114)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.rewrite.RewriteHandler.handle(RewriteHandler.java:230)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.DebugHandler.handle(DebugHandler.java:77)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:326)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:543)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.content(HttpConnection.java:939)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:755)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:218)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:405)
            at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:413)
            at org.mortbay.thread.BoundedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(BoundedThreadPool.java:451)
    Needing right "PSEUDO_SYSTEM_ADMIN_ONLY" seems discouraging. Is this going to become an RFE?

Thanks,
    Chris Miller
    Last edited by potlgd; 12-09-2010 at 01:39 PM. Reason: Marking solved borked the subject line.

potlgd is offline Junior Member

Default [Workaround Found]

Pretty sure I've narrowed this down to a bug. Workaround, such as it is, can be found in Bugzilla: Bug 54280 - GetQuotaUsageRequest does not work for Delegated/Domain Admins

Chris

nwcon is offline Member

This bug (bug 54280) is listed as FIXED, yet I cannot for the life of me find any documentation or recent information on how to properly grant access to a delegated admin to be able to view mailbox quota statistics in the zimbra admin panel i.e. Monitoring on the left -> Server Statistics -> select server -> Mailbox Quota tab. The mailbox quota tab is still empty, which leads me to believe this issue has yet to be fixed in our version of Zimbra (NE 7.2.4). The 'workaround' referenced in the bug report does not work.

Sessions can be viewed, but Mailbox Quotas do not show up for delegated admins.

Has anyone found a way to get this to work for delegated admins?

We have a multi-server environment, so maybe that's the problem.

Regards,

nwcon

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by nwcon View Post
    The mailbox quota tab is still empty, which leads me to believe this issue has yet to be fixed in our version of Zimbra (NE 7.2.4).
    You should take a look at (usually) the last comment in a bug report to find the version of ZCS in which a resolution has been verified as fixed and the Product Portal should tell you which version that was in.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

nwcon is offline Member

Thanks, Bill. I wasn't sure what the information really meant in the Product Portal, but at least now I have a concrete answer. Too bad this fix wasn't backported, since 7.2.x will be with us (and likely a lot of folks) for some time.

Regards,

nwcon

Thread Information