Thread: [SOLVED] Cannot reply to mails in shared Inbox with me - Permission denied

fyd
    fyd is offline Elite Member

Default [SOLVED] Cannot reply to mails in shared Inbox with me - Permission denied

And finally I have to open a thread for this. Tried my best to get this working but it just won't. I will try to make it as simple and clear as possible.

We have an shared Inbox which we use to manage internal work. Its shared with two others besides me. So I have this share accepted and inbox is safe in web client. The problem is when I try to reply to a mail in it ('on behalf of') from my inbox, it fails with this error

Permission denied.
    method: SendMsgRequest
    msg: permission denied: you do not have sufficient permissions
    code: service.PERM_DENIED
    detail: soap:Sender
    trace: com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException: permission denied:

I have no clue what's happening cause the other two accounts manage the share with no problems. They can reply mails. It is just me that doesn't have permissions on this Inbox. I've been given Admin privilege on it, so it should be plenty.

Surprisingly I have another share accepted and safe in my inbox, I can reply to those mails 'on behalf of' with no issues at all! Bowled.

I've confirmed the option 'Allow sending email from any address' is enabled for my account under sending mails section in zimbraAdmin. Why I can reply mails in some shared Inbox and not others .. So i guess there's a missing bit somewhere. Someone make me happy pls.

bdial is offline Moderator

are you only "viewer" permission on the one you are getting the error in? if so maybe the error is because trying to send on behalf tries to save a copy in the other person's sent folder, but since you're viewer you don't have permissions?

fyd

Good to see that face there. Thanks Bdial for picking up the call. I have full permission on that Inbox, rwidxa. The role is Admin. So that shouldn't happen right.

fyd

Still no leads .. any thoughts?

Hivos is offline Advanced Member

Do you and/or this shared account have any personas active? If so, try disabling them, reshare the folder, logout/login and try again.

By the way: have you checked out the parent/child mailbox functionality? It may be better than sharing a folder in your case and actually works quite well since ZCS 6.0.6.

fyd

By the way: have you checked out the parent/child mailbox functionality?
    That works like charm. It's pretty sharp and should give all that I need from the child. This thread explains it, and other ways too. Thanks a bunch hivos .. classic.
    Do you and/or this shared account have any personas active? If so, try disabling them, reshare the folder, logout/login and try again.
    No personas with either of us. Its still broken and I wonder whats wrong. The upgrade to 6.0.9 from .7 didn't fix it either. So marking this thread 'solved' with a note.

Hivos is offline Advanced Member

Glad it's been helpful We wrote a couple of scripts to administrate family mailboxes, may come in handy: Administrate primary / secondary mail accounts

fyd

Hey hivos, looks good .. thanks again, tc ..

Thread Information