Thread: activesync and blackberry support for zimbra users

sangamc is offline Special Member

Default activesync and blackberry support for zimbra users

Hi All!!!

Have 3 zimbra open source edition servers installed servicing 14 email domains. It wokrs great!!! i cant be happier with the choice we made to switch off exchange. However our CEO and CFO just threw a curveball my way. They would like activesyn and blackbery support for just a small group of about 10 users. I know this is available with the network edition, but i dont want to upgrade the whole server, just want to apply the features to the few users that cry loud/long enough to get it.

thanks

chauvetp is offline Elite Member

You may want to look into a third party service such as Notify Corp (notifycorp.com) for this. We use them because there is no direct sync from Blackberries to Zimbra (like there are for iPhone, Android, etc.).

We have the network edition though so I don't know if Notify requires that or if it can work with the community edition.
    ---
    Paul Chauvet
    State University of New York at New Paltz

i can live without the blackerry BES sync. it is overrated anyways. We have had BES and exchange for almost 4 yeras and would settle for activesync ina heartbeat if it means i have to leave BES behind. (all new BB's support activesync anyway

just looked at their prices and almost fell of my chair ... $120 per user for the first years is a no-go.

neontangerine is offline Junior Member

Look at AstraSync, at $45/user/year it is a better deal. They have a 7 day trial available for download and the install is easy and straight forward.

I'm having an issue with an SSL certificate and getting the BlackBerry to trust it, but that looks like a BlackBerry security policy issue and not an issue with AstraSync.
    Using- Release 6.0.8_GA_2661.UBUNTU8_64 UBUNTU8_64 NETWORK edition.

I have looked at z-push as well seems like it might have some promise. I will check out AstraSync and see what they have to offer too.

Thanks!

Thread Information