Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seperate php/apache2 on same server?

bronto is offline Intermediate Member

Default Seperate php/apache2 on same server?

I have Zimbra up and running on my Debian server running kernel 2.6.8, with users at port 8888 and admin at port 7071.

I am trying to also get apache/php/MySQL running as well for app development purposes. I have apache up and running, along with php 4.4.4 from dotdeb.org. phpinfo() shows me that MySQL driver isn't loaded, and when I try and connect to phpMyAdmin it is confirmed with "cannot load mysql extension; please check PHP configuration".

I am open to accomplishing this with any combination of Zimbra or standalone installations of apache, php or mysql. Currently, I have Webmin installed and it connects properly to Zimbra's Mysql once I entered the correct socket, port and other paths. I was trying to connect phpMyAdmin to that as well, with no success. Currently apache and php/mysql drivers are seperate installs. I tried to have a seperate mysql install as well, but it can't start up. I get an error: "/usr/bin/mysqladmin: /opt/zimbra/lib/libmysqlclient.so.14: version `MYSQL_4.1' not found (required by /usr/bin/mysqladmin)

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me out.

jimbo is offline Special Member

My advice would be to install a separate version of MySQL (your distro's version) and not use the Zimbra installed version for anything but Zimbra. MySQL has a really small footprint so there's not much impact on resources running two versions. Since they would be running on different ports there is no conflict. I always think of the Zimbra MySQL version as embedded. The other benefit is if you mess something up with a separate MySQL it won't impact Zimbra in the least.

I currently run Apache/PHP/MySQL on CentOS with Zimbra installed and haven't had any problems with port conflicts and the like. Since you already have Zimbra listening on port 8888 there shouldn't be any issue.

Hope this helps.

Well, it puts me in the right direction, but doesn't solve the problem. As I said I have also tried a seperate MySQL install, but it kicks back the error above.

Thanks.

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Find the libmysqlclient.so.14 lib and install it on your system, it's nothing to do with Zimbra.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

It *is* installed on the system. I'm looking at it right in /usr/lib. It shows:

libmysqlclient.so.14 (linked to libmysqlclient.so.14.0.0)
    libmysqlclient.so.14.0.0 (real file)
    libmysqlclient_r.so.14 (linked to libmysqlclient_r.so.14.0.0)
    libmysqlclient_r.so.14.0.0 (real file)

Note that the error message refers to copies of what appear to be the same file at /opt/zimbra/lib/libmysqlclient.so.14, which are actually there too.

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

It might have been an idea to mention that the lib was already installed.

Does this thread lead you in the right direction?
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

kechols is offline Senior Member

You could compile php with mysql support and specify what mysql to use for it, this is what I do for all of my servers (home and work) and unless I type something wrong, works everytime. I can provide my ./configure options if it would make things easier for you. Granted, using it verbatim will require you installing mysql in the exact same spot that I did (/usr/local/mysql if i'm not mistaken) and apache being installed to /var/www/. Easy enough to fix up for your specific needs though.

Thanks,
    Kyle

Thanks! I was able to get it working by modifying ld loader, I didn't have to put the entry at the top of the order, and I can successfully start / stop both Zimbra and the additional mysql install.

Thanks again...

Almost everything is working nicely.

I have subversion installed for my app development, and it's supposed to be sending me email notifications on commits. I'm not getting them, and the log says this:

Sep 13 16:46:08 amd64 sendmail[16061]: k8DNk8K3016061: to=<user>@<domain>, ctladdr=<web user> (33/33), delay=00:00:00, xdelay=00:00:00, mailer=relay, pri=32952, relay=[127.0.0.1] [127.0.0.1], dsn=4.0.0, stat=Deferred: Connection refused by [127.0.0.1]

What the Zimbra way of allowing these types of connections through postfix?

dijichi2 is offline OpenSource Builder & Moderator

you can get around the library conflict with the ldloader, but as noted in the other thread this breaks zimbra - at least on both the debian machines I tried it on. you can start and stop zimbra but you will find that the postfix subprocesses break, possibly leading to the problem you're seeing.

also, check /usr/sbin/sendmail and /usr/lib/sendmail are pointing to the zimbra postfix binaries, and that amavis is started - the log line you include isn't enough to pinpoint which system is the problem.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information