Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OK... I could really do with some help please...

charlie is offline Intermediate Member

Default OK... I could really do with some help please...

I am not a mail server novice... but I am a linux beginner improver! I have set up several in the past, Communigate Pro, ArgoSoft, and others... but this one really has me stumped. I have three problems at the moment.

1. I cant sent to an external (valid) email addess only internal. the error message I get is:
    msg - Message not sent to any recipients because of these failed addresses: charlie@charliegadget.com
    code - mail.SEND_FAILURE
    method - ZmCsfeCommand.invoke
    detail - soap:Sender
    constructor -
    function ZmCsfeException(msg, code, method, detail) {
    if (arguments.length == 0) {
    return;
    }
    AjxException.call(this, msg, code, method, detail);
    }

toString -
    function () {
    return "ZmCsfeException";
    }

dump -
    function () {
    return "AjxException: msg=" + this.msg + " code=" + this.code + " method=" + this.method + " detail=" + this.detail;
    }
    2. I cant connect using Thunderbird I have a screen shot:

I only have the option of TLS on outgoing mail. On incomming I have "use secure authentication" or "Use secure connection (SSL)" and non of them work!

Regarding the 2 above, I have read the Admin Guide front to back, but cant shed any light on this!

3. Zimbra sometimes takes ages to load and then you try to log in and Firefox (or IE) use 100% CPU and just sits there with a blank screen and stops responding, but still using 100% CPU.. I have to reboot Zimbra to clear it..

Is this something someone else has experienced?

Sorry about the size of the screenshot!!

Charlie

regarding point 3 here is a screen shot of the task manager:

KevinH is offline Expert Member

Quote Originally Posted by charlie
    1. I cant sent to an external (valid) email addess only internal. the error message I get is:
    What does your /var/log/zimbra.log and /opt/zimbra/tomcat/logs/catalina.out say?

2. I cant connect using Thunderbird I have a screen shot:
    Are you logging in with the full user@domain? /var/log/zimbra.log may have more info.

3. Zimbra sometimes takes ages to load and then you try to log in and Firefox (or IE) use 100% CPU and just sits there with a blank screen and stops responding, but still using 100% CPU.. I have to reboot Zimbra to clear it..
    What is your server hardware like? Do you have any anti-virus or anti-spyware stuff running on your PC?

Response to point 1. zimbra.log
    Code:
    Oct 18 08:18:13 mailgate postfix/smtpd[11461]: connect from mailgate.logo.com[212.44.18.141]
    Oct 18 08:18:13 mailgate postfix/smtpd[11461]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from mailgate.logo.com[212.44.18.141]: 554 <charlie@charliegadget.com>: Relay access denied; from=<charlie@mailgate.logo.com> to=<charlie@charliegadget.com> proto=ESMTP helo=<mailgate.logo.com>
    catalina.out
    Code:
    QueryString: in:inbox
    PT:  OR( AND[Q(in,IN:folder: {id: 2, type: 1, parent_id: 1, folder_id: 1, date: 1129618575, size: 0, rev: 1, unread: 0, subject: Inbox, , attributes: 1}), ] , )
    Simplified:
    PT: Q(in,IN:folder: {id: 2, type: 1, parent_id: 1, folder_id: 1, date: 1129618575, size: 0, rev: 1, unread: 0, subject: Inbox, , attributes: 1})
    Pushing nots down:
    PT: Q(in,IN:folder: {id: 2, type: 1, parent_id: 1, folder_id: 1, date: 1129618575, size: 0, rev: 1, unread: 0, subject: Inbox, , attributes: 1})
    SQL: SELECT id, index_id, type, date FROM mailbox2.mail_item mi WHERE type IN (?)  AND folder_id IN (?)  ORDER BY date DESC LIMIT ?, ?
    ~
    Point 2. just recreated the error and nothing is showing in the zimba.log. last entry is:
    Code:
    Oct 18 12:02:55 mailgate postfix/smtpd[14427]: disconnect from localhost.localdomain[127.0.0.1]
    Point 3:

Yes, I use both webroot spysweeper enterprise and Norton AV Corp V 8.1 but this only happens after a period of time... all works fine in the begining!

Many thanks for your responses so far. I love the product, just want to make sure I have the minimum of stressed out end users if I deploy it!

Charlie

Response to point 1. zimbra.log
    Code:
    Oct 18 08:18:13 mailgate postfix/smtpd[11461]: connect from mailgate.logo.com[212.44.18.141]
    Oct 18 08:18:13 mailgate postfix/smtpd[11461]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from mailgate.logo.com[212.44.18.141]: 554 <charlie@charliegadget.com>: Relay access denied; from=<charlie@mailgate.logo.com> to=<charlie@charliegadget.com> proto=ESMTP helo=<mailgate.logo.com>
    Relay access denied, seems like an error when sendng from your mail client (ie Thunderbird). By default if your not on the same network then you'll need to use SMTP auth.

Point 2. just recreated the error and nothing is showing in the zimba.log. last entry is:
    [code]Oct 18 12:02:55 mailgate postfix/smtpd[14427]: disconnect from localhost.localdomain[127.0.0.1]
    I'm pretty sure the error in #1 is this failure.

Point 3:

Yes, I use both webroot spysweeper enterprise and Norton AV Corp V 8.1 but this only happens after a period of time... all works fine in the begining!
    What about your server?

OK... I have figured out the thunderbird problem... I didnt realise you needed to forward port 995!

Please could you give me a list of all the port that will need forwarding?? I cant see anything that lists them in the admin guide..

I can now send via thunderbird, But still cant sent from the zimbra interface

charlie

Hi Kevin,

It is the Zimbra interface that I cant send with. I can send via Thunderbird now though!

I did a clean install of FC3 and only installed Zimbra and its necessary componants so no other software installed!

server is a 2ghz AMD with 2gb RAM and 2x 70GB HDD

Thanks

Charlie

OK... I have figured out the thunderbird problem... I didnt realise you needed to forward port 995!

Please could you give me a list of all the port that will need forwarding?? I cant see anything that lists them in the admin guide..

I can now send via thunderbird, But still cant sent from the zimbra interface

charlie
    Port info here:

Questions Before I Start

Thanks kevin, I have all the correct ports forwarding, infact I have a DMZ to this server now!

Still can send via Thunderbird bit not the web interface of Zimbra... still get that error in my first post!

Thanks kevin, I have all the correct ports forwarding, infact I have a DMZ to this server now!

Still can send via Thunderbird bit not the web interface of Zimbra... still get that error in my first post!
    When you get the web interface error what shows up in catalina.out and zimbra.log? Ues tail -f while you run the test to make sure you get the right data.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information