Thread: Initial Setup Failure

jdorz is offline Starter Member

Default Initial Setup Failure

I am very new to Zimbra and have installed it on a Xen virtual machine running CentOS 5.5 for trial. I did not encounter any issues during installation and all services appear to be up and running. I am running Split DNS due to the fact that I am behind a SonicWall firewall with SMTP, IMAP, and POP3 being forwarded to the VM. I was able to create a test account.

The issue that I am running into is that I am neither able to send or receive any messages to any accounts that are either internal to my Zimba installation nor to the outside world. I have verified that outside services are able to access smtp within my network. Are there any basic steps that I can check or what my next step should be with troubleshooting?

Thanks.

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by jdorz View Post
    The issue that I am running into is that I am neither able to send or receive any messages to any accounts that are either internal to my Zimba installation nor to the outside world. I have verified that outside services are able to access smtp within my network. Are there any basic steps that I can check or what my next step should be with troubleshooting?
    You can start with the telling us whether the firewall and SElinux are disabled on the Zimbra server. Next, go to the Split DNS article and look at the 'Verify...' section and run all the commands asked for in there then post the output here. You should also look in the log files and see what errors you've got, tail the log file and try sending a message - what happens?

BTW, Zimbra is not supported on XEN 32bit and there's a good possibility you may encounter a problem (it's a bug in XEN) you can install Zimbra on 64bit XEN systems without problems.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Thread Information