Thread: move a calendar to a new mailbox account

jxn
    jxn is offline Active Member

Default move a calendar to a new mailbox account

Hi folks,
    I have found a previous thread on this issue, but it was a few years old and not very helpful. I wonder if anyone has any experience moving a calendar from one user's mail account to another. I'm sure you can imagine the scenario where this is required--where one account needs to be closed or locked and another person set to administer the calendar, but I cannot find any information on making such a change on a recent version of Zimbra (6.0.7+).

Any guesses? By the way, the calendar has multiple shares with other users, mostly viewers only. Thanks,

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by jxn View Post
    Hi folks,
    I have found a previous thread on this issue, but it was a few years old and not very helpful. I wonder if anyone has any experience moving a calendar from one user's mail account to another. I'm sure you can imagine the scenario where this is required--where one account needs to be closed or locked and another person set to administer the calendar, but I cannot find any information on making such a change on a recent version of Zimbra (6.0.7+).
    How about going to the Preferences tab and exporting the Calendar and importing it into a new account?

Quote Originally Posted by jxn View Post
    Any guesses? By the way, the calendar has multiple shares with other users, mostly viewers only. Thanks,
    I don't remember offhand if the Shares are preserved on the export/import but I'm sure you'll let us know the status when you've tried it.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

soxfan is offline Moderator

We actually just ran through this exact scenario with a couple of calendars, and I can tell you that the shares are not preserved.

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by soxfan View Post
    We actually just ran through this exact scenario with a couple of calendars, and I can tell you that the shares are not preserved.
    No I didn't think they were. I suppose it wouldn't make sense to keep them if you're moving the share to another account that may, in theory, not be an account you want to share the calendar with.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

soxfan is offline Moderator

Right, I didn't really expect the shares to carry over, and didn't think it was a big deal (in our situations, at least). The one thing we did notice was that the coloring on imported events is different than on newly created events. Again, not a big deal, but a little odd.

jxn
    jxn is offline Active Member

Talked to zimbra's support about this. You're all right that there is currently no convenient way of doing this, but there is a bugzilla entry to vote for, should anyone else stumble across this post:

Bug 52496 – Ability to move calendars between accounts

Thread Information