Thread: this._selecteditmes is null or [OSS]

fcjoe is offline Member

Default this._selecteditmes is null or [OSS]

I'm using 6.0.8_GA_2661 FOSS on Ubuntu 8 LTS.

When my clients are attempting to access a subfolder of a briefcase folder, they are hanging up their browsers. They see nothing until they move away from the page in question, then the error popup appears and the browser freezes (none of the buttons on the popup do anything). It's close-the-browser time.

Code:
    User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; InfoPath.3; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E)
    Timestamp: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 14:34:20 UTC

Line: 13000
    Char: 1
    Code: 0
    URI: http://my.domain/zimbra/js/Startup1_1_all.js.zgz?v=100820045356

Yes, I know there is a "real fresh" bug for ZD with this same title; I'm not using ZD. And I (and my users) have this problem. Anybody else seen it? Got a suggestion?

fcjoe is offline Member

Default [WORKAROUND] this._selectedItems is null or [OSS]

Quote Originally Posted by fcjoe View Post
    I'm using 6.0.8_GA_2661 FOSS on Ubuntu 8 LTS.

When my clients are attempting to access a subfolder of a briefcase folder, they are hanging up their browsers. They see nothing until they move away from the page in question, then the error popup appears and the browser freezes (none of the buttons on the popup do anything). It's close-the-browser time.

Code:
    User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; InfoPath.3; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E)
    Timestamp: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 14:34:20 UTC

Yes, I know there is a "real fresh" bug for ZD with this same title; I'm not using ZD. And I (and my users) have this problem. Anybody else seen it? Got a suggestion?
    If I click on the top-level folder, a list of sub-folders appears in the first display column. If I click on a sub-folder in the first display column, the items in that sub-folder appear in the second display column. Click on an item in the second display column, and it's time to re-start the browser.

If I drop down the list in the folders section, and click on the sub-folder in the folders section, the items in the sub-folder appear in the FIRST display column. Click on an item in the first display column, and SUCCESS!

Can't say it's fixed, but my users can at least work with it.

ThomS is offline Intermediate Member

Hi fcjoe, did you file a bug report for this problem, or were you able to fix it in another way? Some of our users run into this problem too and I am able to reproduce it (we're using 6.0.8 NE).

Do you know whether this has been fixed in a newer version 6 or version 7 release?

Thanks.

fcjoe is offline Member

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by ThomS View Post
    Hi fcjoe, did you file a bug report for this problem, or were you able to fix it in another way? Some of our users run into this problem too and I am able to reproduce it (we're using 6.0.8 NE).

Do you know whether this has been fixed in a newer version 6 or version 7 release?

Thanks.
    With only one user reporting the problem, and no useful way to differentiate that user's setup from any others (and I tried... :-((), I really didn't have much to say in a bug report.

So, no. I just taught the sole user the workaround, and forgot the problem ever existed.

Sorry.

ThomS is offline Intermediate Member

Quote Originally Posted by fcjoe View Post
    With only one user reporting the problem, and no useful way to differentiate that user's setup from any others (and I tried... :-((), I really didn't have much to say in a bug report.

So, no. I just taught the sole user the workaround, and forgot the problem ever existed.

Sorry.
    Thanks for your reply and no need to say sorry.

I have tested some more last week and noticed that I could easily reproduce this in 6.0.8 (on RHEL 5), could only sporadically reproduce it in 6.0.10 (RHEL 5) and could not reproduce it with Zimbra 7.1.0 (Ubuntu 8.04 32-bit).

Since we plan to upgrade to Zimbra 7 sometime next month or so I'll just let it be until then.

Thanks.

Thread Information