Thread: Two questions

loocek is offline Senior Member

Default Two questions

Hi,

First: I have fresh installation of Zimbra OSS without any accounts, ok.. one account, and I see that speed of connecting to server from Thunderbird is very slow ! Through POP3 I must wait about 10s and through IMAP about 20s! Why is it taking so long ??? Hardware is Intel 8core , 12GB RAM DDR3, internet in gb/s.

Second: In webpanel I added external account and I set to download messeges from this account to new folder. And.. when I download emails in Thunderbird he download only inbox! Is it possible to download others, nre created folders too ?

Regards.

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

So we don't have to keep asking which version you're running, you should update your forum profile with the output of the following command (do not post the output in this thread):

Code:
    zmcontrol -v
    Quote Originally Posted by loocek View Post
    First: I have fresh installation of Zimbra OSS without any accounts, ok.. one account, and I see that speed of connecting to server from Thunderbird is very slow ! Through POP3 I must wait about 10s and through IMAP about 20s! Why is it taking so long ??? Hardware is Intel 8core , 12GB RAM DDR3, internet in gb/s.
    Speed of your server isn't the only factor in determining the speed of access to the accounts it holds. Is there any firewall or SElinux enabled on the server? If you're behind a NAT router have you set-up a Split DNS and is it set-up correctly (check the 'Verify...' section of the article)? What else is running on the server? Is the Zimbra server a VM or on real hardware? Have you looked at any of the running processes to see if there's any problems? etc., etc., etc.

Quote Originally Posted by loocek View Post
    Second: In webpanel I added external account and I set to download messeges from this account to new folder. And.. when I download emails in Thunderbird he download only inbox! Is it possible to download others, nre created folders too ?
    In thunderbird you need to Subscribe to additional folders if you're using IMAP.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

loocek is offline Senior Member

Speed of your server isn't the only factor in determining the speed of access to the accounts it holds. Is there any firewall or SElinux enabled on the server?
    No, iptables is off, SElinux is off
    If you're behind a NAT router have you set-up a Split DNS and is it set-up correctly (check the 'Verify...' section of the article)?
    No, I have public IP, I don't have NAT so I understand I don't need Split DNS
    What else is running on the server? Is the Zimbra server a VM or on real hardware? Have you looked at any of the running processes to see if there's any problems? etc., etc., etc.
    This is dedicated server only for Zimbra, I turned off any others processes,

anyway.. I use The BAT for communicate with Zimbra which has rich debug and what I see: I use POP3 to check emails with STARTTLS, when I click "get mail" debug show "The initiation phase of TLS" . .and this take about 20s! , then in debug I get "TLS validation phase error: Invalid server certificate (could not find the publisher of the certificates)." and in The Bat I get popup window with message "The server did not provide the root certificate during the session and there is no such certificate in your address book. Continue?" When I click OK.. he check emails. Why this is taking so long ?

second case.. when I try to connect with client (thunderbird or the bat) with POP3 or IMAP, but without! tls,ssl I get errors.. such as "-ERR only valid after entering TLS mode" , what is going on ? Zimbra in default doesn't support "clean" protocols ?

In thunderbird you need to Subscribe to additional folders if you're using IMAP.
    this helped, thanks

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

You're correct, you don't need a split dns in that configuration on a public IP. What, if any, errors do you see in the Zimbra log files?
    Last edited by phoenix; 10-24-2010 at 05:56 AM.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Thread Information