Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: [SOLVED] Accessing Admin Console

  1. #1
    JBauman8296 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    4

    Default [SOLVED] Accessing Admin Console

    I have Zimbra open source edition installed on my CentOS 5.5 server and am having issues with accessing the admin console post installation. I have checked firewall settings on the machine I am attempting to access it from and disabled SELinux on my CentOS box. If I do a port scan on the CentOS box I am still showing most of the ports as being closed. This should not be the case if the firewall is turned of. I also ran the 'tui' firewall setup to ensure it is completely disabled.

    Overall when I attempt to access the console from a web browser it tells the page is down or cannot be displayed. Basically it doesn't find it. I am typing in 'https://zimbra.home.com:7071' to access it. I know my dns works as well because I can ping and resolve the hostname and address from the command prompt. Any ideas??????

  2. #2
    JBauman8296 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    I am a little rusty when it comes to the Tomcat web server but I have also checked to make sure that it installed correctly and is running on my box.

  3. #3
    phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Vannes, France
    Posts
    23,585
    Rep Power
    57

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JBauman8296 View Post
    I have Zimbra open source edition installed on my CentOS 5.5 server and am having issues with accessing the admin console post installation. I have checked firewall settings on the machine I am attempting to access it from and disabled SELinux on my CentOS box. If I do a port scan on the CentOS box I am still showing most of the ports as being closed. This should not be the case if the firewall is turned of. I also ran the 'tui' firewall setup to ensure it is completely disabled.
    Go to the Zimbra server command prompt and telnet to port 7071, does it respond? What is the status of all the services? Run the following and post the output:
    Code:
    zmcontrol status

    Quote Originally Posted by JBauman8296 View Post
    Overall when I attempt to access the console from a web browser it tells the page is down or cannot be displayed. Basically it doesn't find it. I am typing in 'https://zimbra.home.com:7071' to access it. I know my dns works as well because I can ping and resolve the hostname and address from the command prompt. Any ideas??????
    Go to the Split DNS article and run all the commands mentioned in the 'Verify...' section and post the output here.
    Regards


    Bill


    Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

  4. #4
    JBauman8296 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Here is what I get with the 'zmcontrol status' command:

    Host zimbra.home.com
    antispam Running
    antivirus Running
    ldap Running
    logger Running
    mailbox Stopped
    mysql.server is not running.
    mta Running
    snmp Running
    spell Running
    stats Stopped

    I am not sure what is up with my mysql but it seems I had some issues with it prior to this post. I thought zimbra used a different db server?

    Below is what I get from the 'Verify' section of the wiki you directed me too:



    ; <<>> DiG 9.3.6-P1-RedHat-9.3.6-4.P1.el5_4.2 <<>> zimbra.home.com mx
    ;; global options: printcmd
    ;; Got answer:
    ;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 28302
    ;; flags: qr aa rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 1, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 2

    ;; QUESTION SECTION:
    ;zimbra.home.com. IN MX

    ;; ANSWER SECTION:
    zimbra.home.com. 3600 IN MX 10 home.com.

    ;; ADDITIONAL SECTION:
    home.com. 600 IN A 192.168.0.1
    home.com. 600 IN A 192.168.236.141

    ;; Query time: 1 msec
    ;; SERVER: 192.168.0.1#53(192.168.0.1)
    ;; WHEN: Thu Oct 21 14:01:40 2010
    ;; MSG SIZE rcvd: 81


    And then with the any command:


    ; <<>> DiG 9.3.6-P1-RedHat-9.3.6-4.P1.el5_4.2 <<>> zimbra.home.com any
    ;; global options: printcmd
    ;; Got answer:
    ;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 63369
    ;; flags: qr aa rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 2, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 2

    ;; QUESTION SECTION:
    ;zimbra.home.com. IN ANY

    ;; ANSWER SECTION:
    zimbra.home.com. 3600 IN A 192.168.0.10
    zimbra.home.com. 3600 IN MX 10 home.com.

    ;; ADDITIONAL SECTION:
    home.com. 600 IN A 192.168.0.1
    home.com. 600 IN A 192.168.236.141

    ;; Query time: 2 msec
    ;; SERVER: 192.168.0.1#53(192.168.0.1)
    ;; WHEN: Thu Oct 21 14:02:21 2010
    ;; MSG SIZE rcvd: 97


    Telnet works just fine from the terminal on the CentOS box itself via port 7071.
    The hostname commmand works just fine as well.
    Last edited by JBauman8296; 10-21-2010 at 12:26 PM.

  5. #5
    phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Vannes, France
    Posts
    23,585
    Rep Power
    57

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JBauman8296 View Post
    I am not sure what is up with my mysql but it seems I had some issues with it prior to this post.
    Look in the log files and see what errors are in there.
    Regards


    Bill


    Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. [SOLVED] Cant login to Admin Console
    By acdc1982 in forum Administrators
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-06-2008, 06:00 PM
  2. Accessing version info from Admin Console
    By furball4 in forum Installation
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-15-2007, 12:22 PM
  3. Admin console not working
    By elsmob in forum Installation
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-12-2007, 01:58 PM
  4. Silly mistake -- now cant log into admin console
    By animasana in forum Administrators
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-05-2007, 04:00 AM
  5. Problem Accessing Web Admin Console
    By PimpDaDdy in forum Administrators
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-27-2007, 04:25 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •