Thread: Domain Masquerading & CC

chimaster is offline Loyal Member

Default Domain Masquerading & CC

Hi All,

We've implemented domain masquerading as per the managing domains wiki. The issue we now experience is....

When a user sends from user@domain.local to external the address is correctly masqd as user@externaldomain.com and you can reply from externally fine, if that user sends the same email but cc's in user2@domain.local and the external recepient then replies to all the cc'd email address is not masq'd so they end up replying correctly to user@externaldomain.com but get a bounce on the cc'd address which is still user2@domain.local

Is there any way to get cc'd internal addresses that are out bound (or in total) to masq to externaldomain.com?

The other option I have (as my client likes to change their mind frequently) us to drop the domain.local and just use the externaldomain.com as the default domain, but from initial research changing the systems domainname is not usually a good idea!

To top it off, we're also using zimbra as LDAP for Samba (which is beautiful) and I don't want to break this by changing domain name and having to re-create users.

Suggestions, pointers, flames welcome.

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by chimaster View Post
    The other option I have (as my client likes to change their mind frequently) us to drop the domain.local and just use the externaldomain.com as the default domain,...
    That would be my recommendation as it saves a lot of admin problems, there's no reason you shouldn't use your domain name on the LAN.

Quote Originally Posted by chimaster View Post
    ... but from initial research changing the systems domainname is not usually a good idea!
    Why do you think it's a problem, there's a cli command that will do it cleanly. Obviously you should take a full backup of your systems before making changes such as this.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

chimaster is offline Loyal Member

Default 3 Attempts....

Just finished attempt 3 of renaming the domain from domain.local to domain.co.nz using zmprov -l gd domain.local to domain.co.nz but have had several issues resulting in both domains being "shutdown"

zimbra@dart:/opt$ zmprov -l rd domain.local domain.co.nz
    [] INFO: I/O exception (java.net.ConnectException) caught when processing request: Connection refused
    [] INFO: Retrying request
    [] WARN: flushCacheOnAllServers():type=[domain] server=[dart.domain.co.nz]
    ERROR: account.DOMAIN_NOT_EMPTY (domain not empty: domain.local (remaining entries: [uid=bob,ou=people,dc=domain,dc=local] ...)) (cause: javax.naming.ContextNotEmptyException [LDAP: error code 66 - subordinate objects must be deleted first])

I can't find bob. Any suggestions on deleting subordinate objects. It all gets rather complicated as we've also got Samba user management on this server, if I can trickle down changes to samba server then fine, but I'm stuck on renaming domain.

Any suggestions?

Or perhaps a solution to masq cc'd users would be the easiest. I want to avoid a full re-install but I'm 4 hours into this rename with no successful result and more problems, full re-setup is probably 10 -12 hours.

Thread Information