Thread: Install zimbra binaries on seperate provisioning server?

i2ambler is offline Special Member

Default Install zimbra binaries on seperate provisioning server?

I have a question - we currently use sendmail's directory and sentrion appliances for mtas. We are going to be migrating the sentrion mailstores over to zimbra within the next couple of weeks. We already have a provisioning server that provisions accounts in multiple places (i-series, lawson, and sendmail) . What I am looking into doing is replacing the sendmail provisioning scripts with zimbra provisioning scripts so that it will do the zmprov to add users and add archive accounts, etc from it.

How would I install just the provisioning binaries and configuration onto this server so that I can do the zmprov calls from perl to create the account onto zimbra's mailstores from our existing web based provisioning tool? I dont want to have to run some sort of goofy sync tool, Id rather just have it managed the way we are doing it now, so that there is a minimal amount of training for the front end.

Thanks

bdial is offline Moderator

you have to download the whole zimbra package, then do ./install -s

that tells it just to install the software, and not try to configure it. just install zimbra-core and not any of the extra packages because your server won't actually be running anything

you'll wind up with a lot more than you need, but unforuntately zimbra doesn't provide a client tools package. thatd be a nice rfe

Sweet! Thanks for the reply, I was able to install it with no problem.. However, when I run a zmprov I get an IO acception - connection refused. Do I need to configure a zimbra user, or make any configuration changes at all on the 'client' to get this to connect?

Update, I figured out the correct syntax for connecting to a remote server.. However, I am getting the cert error. sun.securityvalidator.xxx error. How do I get the certs from my production system deployed to a server that is not in the 'cluster' ?
    Last edited by i2ambler; 10-14-2010 at 08:56 AM.

I got this handled.. the host table had the wrong hostname.. so that caused issues with the ssl stuff. I fixed the hostname and ran the config to create the ssl stuff and was able to run zmprov commands. I was able to modify my sendmail front end to run these zmprov commands against my zimbra cluster to create accounts and create an archive account as well.

FYI: in order to get the archive commands to work I had to install, but not configure, the mailstore. There really really needs to be a client install for API work and integration into other pieces of software.

-

Thread Information