Hi all,

Currently, I'm encountering some strange behaviour with zmprov and Zimbra Internal LDAP.

The setup is as following:

- Release 6.0.8_GA_2661.RHEL5_64_20100820052503 CentOS5_64 FOSS edition.
- Zimbra / Samba integration installed, according to howto.

The problem is, when changing the password from within windows the userPassword field in LDAP gets updated correctly (verified using Apache Directory Studio). The user is able to login to linux using the changed (correct) password, and is able to login to Windows. No problem so far. But the strange thing is, the user is not able to login to Zimbra! However, the user IS able to login using the old password.

Then, it gets even worse. When i execute zmprov user@domain.tld -p [something random] the user is able to login to Zimbra using the password changed earlier in Windows. The password in the zmprov command again, is ignored.

Something to note here, users are provisioned using zmprov without the Samba integration components. Those are added later, and the appropriate indexes and such are in place. Samba integration is working correctly.

Could anyone shed some light on where Zimbra actually stores the passwords? It seems to me the passwords are somehow cached?