Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Store answer in the same folder

  1. #1
    leSasch is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    56
    Rep Power
    5

    Default Store answer in the same folder

    Hi,

    is it possible to configure zimbra (web ui), that it stores answers on emails in the same folder where the answered email is also stored?
    (instead of storing every sent message in the sent-folder)

    Thanksalot

  2. #2
    phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Vannes, France
    Posts
    23,470
    Rep Power
    56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leSasch View Post
    is it possible to configure zimbra (web ui), that it stores answers on emails in the same folder where the answered email is also stored?
    (instead of storing every sent message in the sent-folder)
    Why would you need to do that when you can see all the messages in the same conversation?
    Regards


    Bill


    Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

  3. #3
    leSasch is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    56
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    I don't use the conversation view because zimbra-web is not the only interface I'm using. Therefore, I'm in need of a clean organisation of my mails.

  4. #4
    phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Vannes, France
    Posts
    23,470
    Rep Power
    56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leSasch View Post
    I don't use the conversation view because zimbra-web is not the only interface I'm using.
    Then I'm somewhat confused as you asked for details on how to do it in the Web UI.

    Quote Originally Posted by leSasch View Post
    Therefore, I'm in need of a clean organisation of my mails.
    If you're trying to do it in another web client then the answer would be no, you can't.
    Regards


    Bill


    Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

  5. #5
    mmorse's Avatar
    mmorse is offline Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    6,242
    Rep Power
    21

  6. #6
    vmahajan is offline Zimbra Employee
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    138
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    In version 7.0 (coming soon) you would be able to specify filters for your sent messages just like you do for incoming messages. See https://bugzilla.zimbra.com/show_bug.cgi?id=10778.

  7. #7
    gantscha is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    54
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vmahajan View Post
    In version 7.0 (coming soon) you would be able to specify filters for your sent messages just like you do for incoming messages. See https://bugzilla.zimbra.com/show_bug.cgi?id=10778.
    Still this feature is not implemented and all related bugs are closed?!? -> i do also see no way how to do it with outgoing mail filters.

    This is one of the major complaints when the users come from outlook to zimbra - maybe one of the bugs should be reopened ?

  8. #8
    phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Vannes, France
    Posts
    23,470
    Rep Power
    56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gantscha View Post
    Still this feature is not implemented and all related bugs are closed?!?
    That's incorrect.

    Quote Originally Posted by gantscha View Post
    -> i do also see no way how to do it with outgoing mail filters.
    That bug report tells you that it was fixed and verified as working in ZCS 7.x.

    Quote Originally Posted by gantscha View Post
    This is one of the major complaints when the users come from outlook to zimbra - maybe one of the bugs should be reopened ?
    Why? They don't need to be reopened, the feature works as intended on the inbound & outbound mail and it's visible on my Web UI.
    Regards


    Bill


    Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

  9. #9
    gantscha is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    54
    Rep Power
    7

    Question

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    That's incorrect.

    That bug report tells you that it was fixed and verified as working in ZCS 7.x.

    Why? They don't need to be reopened, the feature works as intended on the inbound & outbound mail and it's visible on my Web UI.
    Hi Bill!

    Thank you for your answer! But do i understand you right that zimbra is already able to store the messages in the folder where the original mail came from?!? If so could you please give me a hint how to do this or where the "checkbox" is located that enables this feature?!?

    Thank you very much!

  10. #10
    chauvetp is offline Elite Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    New Paltz, NY
    Posts
    300
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Just create an outgoing mail filter to store all outgoing messages in Inbox.
    Preferences->Filters->Outgoing Mail Filters
    ---
    Paul Chauvet
    State University of New York at New Paltz

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Since v6 zimbra pst import wizard don´t work very well
    By kolomalo in forum Administrators
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-25-2011, 09:30 AM
  2. Can no longer start desktop
    By foobaz in forum General Questions
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-02-2010, 04:06 PM
  3. Connector finds folders and items however does not import them
    By berkeb in forum Zimbra Connector for Outlook
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-11-2010, 06:44 AM
  4. .pst migration issues
    By jimklein in forum Migration
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-16-2009, 01:55 AM
  5. Error when Using Outlook PST Importer
    By chh in forum Zimbra Connector for Outlook
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-19-2009, 05:20 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •