Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Store answer in the same folder

gantscha is offline Senior Member

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by chauvetp View Post
    Just create an outgoing mail filter to store all outgoing messages in Inbox.
    Preferences->Filters->Outgoing Mail Filters
    Thanks for the answer BUT this has nothing to do with the feature that is originally requested in this thread - it is not about storing all outgoing E-Mails to an specific folder but to store outgoing E-Mails to the folder where the mail is located that was replied to - this is something totally different.

But still if anybody knows how it works please let me know!

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    That's incorrect.

That bug report tells you that it was fixed and verified as working in ZCS 7.x.

Why? They don't need to be reopened, the feature works as intended on the inbound & outbound mail and it's visible on my Web UI.
    Would you please be so kind to point me to the right bug number and maybe also where this feature is found in the webui - Thank you very much!

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by gantscha View Post
    Thanks for the answer BUT this has nothing to do with the feature that is originally requested in this thread
    Then don't you think it was inappropriate to add your post to a thread that has nothing to do with your question? You should have started a new thread on your specific topic rather than adding to this thread.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    Then don't you think it was inappropriate to add your post to a thread that has nothing to do with your question? You should have started a new thread on your specific topic rather than adding to this thread.
    Please phoenix i really don't want to be offensive in any way but please read my post or the full thread more carefully: YOUR answer has nothing to do with the original question requested in this thread - my question is JUST THE SAME as the original question asked in this thread!

The original Question from leSasch was: "is it possible to configure zimbra (web ui), that it stores answers on emails in the same folder where the answered email is also stored?"

So if i answer an e-mail that is located in a folder called archive then the sended message should also be stored in archive - so not all the send messages go to one specific folder but to the folder where the original mail was located - this is just what leSasch asked for.

So instead of "poking" me it would be really nice that you point me to the right bug report or the if there is one the checkbox inside zimbra 7 or zimbra 8 that allows me to "Store answer in the same folder ... as the original e-mail is located that i pressed reply for" -> This is a feature that outlook has and that i and obviously leSasch is really missing.

Thank you very much!

chauvetp is offline Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by gantscha View Post
    Thanks for the answer BUT this has nothing to do with the feature that is originally requested in this thread - it is not about storing all outgoing E-Mails to an specific folder but to store outgoing E-Mails to the folder where the mail is located that was replied to - this is something totally different.

But still if anybody knows how it works please let me know!
    My apologies - I misread. I'm sure that isn't possible. It appears to me to be a very rare use case and something I doubt would be added to Zimbra (I don't work for them, just a long-time user giving my educated guess).

The best I can suggest is the following. If your folders are set such that they are organized by subject, sender, or recipient (for example, mail from john.doe@somewhere.com is placed in the "John" folder, or mail with "ABC" in the subject is placed in the ABC folder), then you can still setup outgoing rules for this matching the same criteria. Using the previous example, if sender is 'john.doe@somewhere.com' then the outgoing filter would look for recipient = the same.

Note: if your folders are not setup by rules are are setup by a user or users manually moving mail to separate folders then this won't work of course.
    ---
    Paul Chauvet
    State University of New York at New Paltz

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information