Thread: [SOLVED] Full migration of a Zimbra 5.0.x Ldap to a standalone Ldap

marcs is offline Starter Member

Default [SOLVED] Full migration of a Zimbra 5.0.x Ldap to a standalone Ldap

Hello,

I try to migrate the internal Ldap of an Zimbra 5.0.x, and i don't see where i need to go for having fully fonctionnal external Ldap.

1) I dump the Ldap from Zimbra and export schema on the new Ldap, and i configure Zimbra to delegate the GAL and the Ldap on the external ldap. At this point authentification work.

2) After that, i stop the internal ldap (su - zimbra; ldap stop) and i can always log in on ZimbraAdmin, so the standalone ldap configuration is working for auth.

3) When i'm loged, i receive a :

- SOAP error on GUI :
    Code:
    Mail : system failure: ZimbraLdapContext Code d'erreur : service.FAILURE Method: SearchDirectoryRequest Détails :soap:Receiver
    - in the audit.log file :
    Code:
    WARN  [btpool0-15] [ip=192.168.1.77;ua=ZimbraWebClient - FF3.0 (Linux);] security - cmd=AdminAuth; account=MYUSER; error=system failure: ZimbraLdapContext;
    According to this wiki article i need to change the SOAP variables for having the good LdapContext environnement.

My first question is :
    where can i find the file who hang these SOAP parameters ?
    The second one :
    If i modify these values, will i be able to achieve my goal of using only a standalone Ldap on an existing Zimbra ?
    The last one :
    If i'm running on bad direction, does i begin to search in the localconfig.xml to override the proxy:ldap:/opt/zimbra/conf/ldap-scm.cf for achieving this ?

Thanks in advance.

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by marcs View Post
    Hello,

I try to migrate the internal Ldap of an Zimbra 5.0.x, and i don't see where i need to go for having fully fonctionnal external Ldap.

1) I dump the Ldap from Zimbra and export schema on the new Ldap, and i configure Zimbra to delegate the GAL and the Ldap on the external ldap. At this point authentification work.

2) After that, i stop the internal ldap (su - zimbra; ldap stop) and i can always log in on ZimbraAdmin, so the standalone ldap configuration is working for auth.

3) When i'm loged, i receive a :

- SOAP error on GUI :
    Code:
    Mail : system failure: ZimbraLdapContext Code d'erreur : service.FAILURE Method: SearchDirectoryRequest Détails :soap:Receiver
    - in the audit.log file :
    Code:
    WARN  [btpool0-15] [ip=192.168.1.77;ua=ZimbraWebClient - FF3.0 (Linux);] security - cmd=AdminAuth; account=MYUSER; error=system failure: ZimbraLdapContext;
    According to this wiki article i need to change the SOAP variables for having the good LdapContext environnement.

My first question is :
    where can i find the file who hang these SOAP parameters ?
    The second one :
    If i modify these values, will i be able to achieve my goal of using only a standalone Ldap on an existing Zimbra ?
    The last one :
    If i'm running on bad direction, does i begin to search in the localconfig.xml to override the proxy:ldap:/opt/zimbra/conf/ldap-scm.cf for achieving this ?

Thanks in advance.
    The simple answer to this problem (and covered many times in the forums) is that you can't do this. You need to have the Zimbra LDAP installed and running, it's an integrated part of the Configuration Suite and it's used for more than a user authentication store.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

marcs is offline Starter Member

Thanks for answering Bill, i saw so many post on this topic without having a clear answer, and the concept of Bulk provisioning seems more clear for me now.

Thread Information