Thread: Spam issues

bhwong is offline Elite Member

Default Spam issues

Recently we have been receiving a huge amount of spams.

1. Is there a way to block sender domain on Zimbra server itself instead of having to do it one by one on every user account?

2. We suspect some of the spams origin from our own user with infected PCs. However the IP origin shown in Zimbra Admin and log files only reveal localhost IP. Is it due to misconfiguration on our side or is this what everyone else is getting too? A bug with Zimbra?

3. When I filter my inbox with the spammer email address, select all and click on the Junk button, why does the message appear is complete opposite of my action? See attached. Shouldn't it be marked as junk instead of marked as NOT junk???? Is this a spelling mistake on Zimbra side or is the button I click on assume that I done it in the junk box and try to reverse the rule?
    Attached Images Attached Images

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by bhwong View Post
    Recently we have been receiving a huge amount of spams.

1. Is there a way to block sender domain on Zimbra server itself instead of having to do it one by one on every user account?

2. We suspect some of the spams origin from our own user with infected PCs. However the IP origin shown in Zimbra Admin and log files only reveal localhost IP. Is it due to misconfiguration on our side or is this what everyone else is getting too? A bug with Zimbra?
    No, it's notr a bug with Zimbra. If you search the forum there are several recent threads on what to look for if you have an infected machine on your LAN. You can also read the wiki article on improving the anti-spam in Zimbra and search the forums for some tips on backscatter, sane, etc. etc.

Quote Originally Posted by bhwong View Post
    3. When I filter my inbox with the spammer email address, select all and click on the Junk button, why does the message appear is complete opposite of my action? See attached. Shouldn't it be marked as junk instead of marked as NOT junk???? Is this a spelling mistake on Zimbra side or is the button I click on assume that I done it in the junk box and try to reverse the rule?
    The likely answer to this is you have 'is:unread or in:inbox' as your initial filter, the Junk messages are already in the Junk mailbox and when you mark them as 'Junk' they will actually be marked as 'Not Junk' as thats what happens when they're in the Junk mailbox.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

bhwong is offline Elite Member

I have search the forum and have tried the methods, but they are not effective.

As for the junk mail issue, I have tested it again after empty the junk mailbox. So I can confirm that these are in my inbox, not in the junk mailbox.

Thread Information