Thread: Question about paid support

BCamp is offline Active Member

Default Question about paid support

Hey guys. I don't have a technical question, it's more procedural. We're newer Zimbra customers, so I'm still trying to learn all the ropes around here. Anyway, I think I remember reading that NE customers can send an email to support saying they really need a particular bug working, and that's supposed to help bump priority for said bug. Can anybody confirm or deny, and perhaps clear up for me how effective that actually is in practice?

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

You can add your (personal) vote to a bug report and you can also raise a support case and ask that it be added to the specific bug that you're experiencing. In simple terms the 'added weight' will be the number of people experiencing the problem and the severity of the bug.

Just adding a vote and a support case does not guarantee an immediate fix to a bug but it does give developers an idea of what requires attention and helps scheduling resources.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

dave_kempe is offline Partner (VAR/HSP)

As Bill said, but just wanted to add that is has helped us with a number of bugs. Also helps the devs if you can give them access to the correct environment to reproduce the problem - asking them to do lots of work to reproduce makes it harder still to get a good timely fix.
    http://www.solutionsfirst.com.au/hosting/zimbra/
    Australia's premier Zimbra Hosting Partner
    Resellers wanted!

BCamp is offline Active Member

Thanks for the input guys. I had already cast my vote for the request a while back. Technically, it's a new feature request (Bug 12852 – Track and show status of email), not a bug with an existing feature. I just have a habit of calling anything in the tracker a "bug", whether or not it's technically accurate.

We recently moved away from Groupwise, and our users have been hounding me about this ever since. The fact that it's been in the tracker for so long with so many votes hints that there may be more than technical issues at play. The thread in the tracker has some discussion about privacy concerns, which may be holding it up. If any Zimbra guys can comment on the status of that one in particular, I'd appreciate it.

I suppose I can send them an email nudging them in that direction. No harm in asking, right?

ewilen is offline Moderator

Actually, instead of sending an email, open a case through the support portal. The support case number will be added to the bug along with your comment.

Note that (last I read, and based on my experience) support cases which are determined to be bugs or RFEs (requests for enhancement, aka feature requests) aren't counted against your support allowance.

It also might help to tell your sales rep about the issue.

Thread Information