Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Admin Console does not let me login until I restart Zimbra Services

  1. #1
    abacabb is offline Loyal Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    77
    Rep Power
    4

    Default Admin Console does not let me login until I restart Zimbra Services

    After zimbra runs for a bit, I noticed that at times when I want to login to the zimbra admin console, it tries to load but then doesn't go past the zimbra logo. It just freezes there.

    Its not until I restart zimbra services that it lets me back in.

    Everything else seems to be ok. Zimlets seem to work perfectly fine.

    Any ideas?

    I'm running 6.0.8 on CentOS 5.5

  2. #2
    abacabb is offline Loyal Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    77
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by abacabb View Post
    After zimbra runs for a bit, I noticed that at times when I want to login to the zimbra admin console, it tries to load but then doesn't go past the zimbra logo. It just freezes there.

    Its not until I restart zimbra services that it lets me back in.

    Everything else seems to be ok. Zimlets seem to work perfectly fine.

    Any ideas?

    I'm running 6.0.8 on CentOS 5.5


    I'm wondering if this has something to do with the SSL certificate it uses by default. Everything else is still working fine.

  3. #3
    redpeppers is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by abacabb View Post
    I'm wondering if this has something to do with the SSL certificate it uses by default. Everything else is still working fine.
    Did you check to make sure that no service is conflicting with the same port zimbra is using for https?

  4. #4
    abacabb is offline Loyal Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    77
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redpeppers View Post
    Did you check to make sure that no service is conflicting with the same port zimbra is using for https?

    No I did not. What would be the best way to check that?

    Also.....it let's me get to the login screen......the issue happens after it tries to login. It won't display the admin console. It just hangs at the zimbra logo.

  5. #5
    redpeppers is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by abacabb View Post
    No I did not. What would be the best way to check that?
    well to start post what the server replys when running netstat | grep 80

    also depending on your OS post the reply the server gives when running service httpd status

  6. #6
    y@w's Avatar
    y@w
    y@w is offline Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    658
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Are you trying this in the same browser or does it not work across browsers/computers?

  7. #7
    abacabb is offline Loyal Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    77
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by y@w View Post
    Are you trying this in the same browser or does it not work across browsers/computers?

    When the issue happens, its across all browsers and computers.
    I tested it from ie and FireFox from multiple machines. It seems to be random. And while It's happening, everything else works fine. I'm able to send and receive mail and perform all user functions. I'll screen shot it next time.

    One more thing....I just want to make sure that my hosts file isn't the issue again. The quick starts states that the format goes:

    Ip.address. FQDN HOSTNAME


    in my case.....the hostname of my machine and FQDN are identical. So I have:

    10.0.0.37 mail.mymailhost.com mail.mymailhost.com

    Would that still be a correct configuration since my hostname is actually that?

    The zimbra install went through without any weird warnings or errors with that configuration.
    Last edited by abacabb; 08-30-2010 at 03:44 PM.

  8. #8
    phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Vannes, France
    Posts
    23,201
    Rep Power
    56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by abacabb View Post
    in my case.....the hostname of my machine and FQDN are identical. So I have:

    10.0.0.37 mail.mymailhost.com mail.mymailhost.com

    Would that still be a correct configuration since my hostname is actually that?
    That format is incorrect, your hostname & FQDN are not the same. The hostname of your server is 'mail', the domain name is 'mymailhost.com' those two items give you the Fully Qualified Domain Name of 'mail.mymailhost.com'. So, the format of your hosts file should be:

    Code:
    10.0.0.37   mail.mymailhost.com mail
    Regards


    Bill


    Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

  9. #9
    abacabb is offline Loyal Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    77
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    That format is incorrect, your hostname & FQDN are not the same. The hostname of your server is 'mail', the domain name is 'mymailhost.com' those two items give you the Fully Qualified Domain Name of 'mail.mymailhost.com'. So, the format of your hosts file should be:

    Code:
    10.0.0.37   mail.mymailhost.com mail
    So even though I entered mail.mymailhost.com as the host name during my centos install....I would still use mail in the hostname portion of hosts?

    And does this mean I need to reinstall zimbra or can I just modify the hosts file and move on?

  10. #10
    phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Vannes, France
    Posts
    23,201
    Rep Power
    56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by abacabb View Post
    So even though I entered mail.mymailhost.com as the host name during my centos install....I would still use mail in the hostname portion of hosts?
    Do you mean you entered that as the Domain Name during the installation?

    Quote Originally Posted by abacabb View Post
    And does this mean I need to reinstall zimbra or can I just modify the hosts file and move on?
    That depends on the answer to the above question plus a few supplemental questions.
    Regards


    Bill


    Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. [SOLVED] Postfix unavailable - queue down
    By pmona in forum Administrators
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 01-21-2010, 10:03 PM
  2. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 11-24-2009, 08:46 AM
  3. [SOLVED] Moving Zimbra to a new server
    By krolen in forum Administrators
    Replies: 109
    Last Post: 02-05-2009, 11:38 AM
  4. /tmp filling
    By Nutz in forum Administrators
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-22-2008, 02:00 AM
  5. Can't start Zimbra!
    By zibra in forum Administrators
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-22-2007, 11:34 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •