Thread: zimbra 6.08 opensource: admin gui "not found"

muzzini is offline Starter Member

Default zimbra 6.08 opensource: admin gui "not found"

hi.
    i've just upgrade my zimbra installation (osx server 10.4 intel) from 5.0.24 to 6.08. i got the ldap problem but i managed to complete the update restoring a prevoius ldap.bak. it took almost 1 hour to complete but it seems all went right. services started again, mta is working, and i can send-receive mails, i can login via webmail as user etc.

but i'm no longer able to access to the admin web panel. going to :7071 all i get is the following message:
    "The requested URL was not found on this server. Please try again later (404)"
    It's not a browser error message: it's a zimbra message (see attached picture).

any idea? have i to redo the update? is it just a tomcat issue?...

TIA
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default no hint?

so, am i the only one facing this issue?

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by muzzini View Post
    so, am i the only one facing this issue?
    It would seem so.

You should update your forum profile with the output of the following command (do not post the output in this thread):

Code:
    zmcontrol -v
    I assume you are using HTTPS to access the Admin UI? Do you see any errors in the log files when you try to access the Admin UI? Are all the services running (post the output of 'zmcontrol status')? Is the normal Web UI working for the users? Is there a firewall on this server? What were the errors you had during the upgrade and how did you solve it? Did you search the forums to see if there is any other posts with this problem or solution?
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    It would seem so.

You should update your forum profile with the output of the following command (do not post the output in this thread):

Code:
    zmcontrol -v
    thank you for your reply.

about tuning my profile, well, i... can't.
    i mean: after having waited for 2 days a workaround/reply and tested possible solutions, i had to restore the 5.0.18 (??? see below) previous installation, because i can't stay without the admin gui.

but now, oddly, if i log on as zimbra, into the /opt/zimbra/ folder and i do zmcontrol -v (or even /opt/zimbra/bin/zmcontrol -v) here's what i get:

Code:
    Release 	6.0.8_GA_2661.MACOSXx86, Zimbra, Inc.
     MACOSXx86 FOSS edition
    even if, actually, i'm running v5.0x...
    it SHOULD be zcs-5.0.18_GA_3011.MACOSXx86.20090707154642, which is the last installer appl i can see in my document folder, even if i've upgraded it perhaps to 5.0.24, but i can't remeber now...

in /opt there is still the zimbra v6.08 installation folder (which i renamed "zimbra6"), but the "zimbra" running is for sure the previous version, which keeps on running like a charm, by the way. web UI including.

anyway, i can answer to your questions:
    I assume you are using HTTPS to access the Admin UI?
    yes. since Zimbra 4, if my memory doesn't fail.

Do you see any errors in the log files when you try to access the Admin UI?
    looking at zimbra 6 logs folder, all the httpd logs are empty, except for the following lines, i found into the httpd_error.log registered just after having completed the installation (looking at its creation date)
    Code:
    [Fri Aug 27 19:35:22 2010] [notice] Apache/2.2.15 (Unix) PHP/5.2.13 configured -- resuming normal operations
    [Fri Aug 27 19:43:56 2010] [notice] caught SIGTERM, shutting down
    [Fri Aug 27 19:49:48 2010] [notice] Apache/2.2.15 (Unix) PHP/5.2.13 configured -- resuming normal operations
    tomcat logs are pretty old (from 2008 and 2009), probably related to the old ZCS 4?

Are all the services running (post the output of 'zmcontrol status')?
    all running well. the status is "running" for every process. and, for the 2 days i kept ZCM 6.0.8 on, we were able to send/receive mail, using either client or webmail interface

Is the normal Web UI working for the users?
    running well, as stated before.

Is there a firewall on this server?
    sure. there's a sw firewall running on the server plus a hw firewall between it and the internet. but i never got this kind of issue before (from ZCS 4 till now). more over: i have all ports open, for connections inside the 10.0.0.0/24 class ip my server and my admin computer are.
    anyway, if i remember well, during the 2 days-test i tried to switch the sw firewall off too, with no luck, of course.

What were the errors you had during the upgrade and how did you solve it?
    about the error: zmsetup.pl script told me the ldap schema was corrupted/altered. it sounds odd to me, 'cause in the past i used the altermime/disclaimer extension, but i'm pretty sure i deactivated it after a few weeks and updated zimbra, restoring a schema back-up. therefore the schemas had to be the original ones.
    anyway, i did that again this time too: i restored an old schema backup, followed the instruction found in the blog about rebuilding the ldap schema and i rerun the zmsetup.pl, which completed the installation successfully.

Did you search the forums to see if there is any other posts with this problem or solution?
    of course i did. (i'm a long-time forums user ). that's the reason i wrote: "i'm alone...".
    actually, i hoped that was a 6.08 issue (i installed it a few days/hours after it was released), too young to be shared among enough people. now that's not the case, it seems.
    but, as i said, the error comes from zimbra itself, therefore i thought it was documented. but it is not, it seems...
    :-/

any idea?

Thread Information