Thread: New 4.0 GA install - Global Settings Error - LDAP attribute type undef: AccountsLimit

jdell is offline Project Contributor

Default New 4.0 GA install - Global Settings Error - LDAP attribute type undef: AccountsLimit

New install of 4.0 GA Network Edition on CentOS 4.3. I installed my trial license and everything displays fine on the license tab, but now I randomly get this error, and some settings are not saving in Global Settings (can't change max allowed size of email, etc).

Previously, I've not installed any trial license on other installs, and never had this error before, so I suspect it has to do with the trial license. The license tab says it is limited to 50 users (I only have 2 users on this system).

This post Errors in Admin on Domain and Doc creation
    suggests looking at bug 10354 which is private, so I can't see it
    http://bugzilla.zimbra.com/show_bug.cgi?id=10354

I've logged in, logged out of admin, rebooted, created some users, etc and everything else seems fine on the system.

How can I create this LDAP Attribute to make this error go away?

Thanks!

Message: invalid attr name: [LDAP: error code 17 - AccountsLimit: attribute type undefined]
    com.zimbra.cs.account.AccountServiceException: invalid attr name: [LDAP: error code 17 - AccountsLimit: attribute type undefined]
    at com.zimbra.cs.account.AccountServiceException.INVA LID_ATTR_NAME(AccountServiceException.java:106)
    at com.zimbra.cs.account.ldap.LdapEntry.modifyAttrsIn ternal(LdapEntry.java:149)
    at com.zimbra.cs.account.ldap.LdapEntry.modifyAttrs(L dapEntry.java:129)
    at com.zimbra.cs.account.ldap.LdapProvisioning.modify Attrs(LdapProvisioning.java:260)
    at com.zimbra.cs.account.ldap.LdapProvisioning.modify Attrs(LdapProvisioning.java:239)
    at com.zimbra.cs.service.admin.ModifyConfig.handle(Mo difyConfig.java:52)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatchRequest(SoapEng ine.java:261)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.jav a:162)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.jav a:84)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapServlet.doPost(SoapServlet.jav a:223)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:709)
    at com.zimbra.cs.servlet.ZimbraServlet.service(Zimbra Servlet.java:173)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:802)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.in ternalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.do Filter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invo ke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invo ke(StandardContextValve.java:178)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke( StandardHostValve.java:126)
    at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke (ErrorReportValve.java:105)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invok e(StandardEngineValve.java:107)
    at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(A ccessLogValve.java:541)
    at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.servic e(CoyoteAdapter.java:148)
    at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(H ttp11Processor.java:869)
    at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11 ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11BaseProt ocol.java:667)
    at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.process Socket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:527)
    at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThr ead.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:80)
    at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlR unnable.run(ThreadPool.java:684)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
    Caused by: javax.naming.directory.InvalidAttributeIdentifierE xception: [LDAP: error code 17 - AccountsLimit: attribute type undefined]; remaining name 'cn=config,cn=zimbra'
    at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.mapErrorCode(LdapCtx.jav a:3054)
    at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.processReturnCode(LdapCt x.java:2931)
    at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.processReturnCode(LdapCt x.java:2737)
    at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.c_modifyAttributes(LdapC tx.java:1437)
    at com.sun.jndi.toolkit.ctx.ComponentDirContext.p_mod ifyAttributes(ComponentDirContext.java:255)
    at com.sun.jndi.toolkit.ctx.PartialCompositeDirContex t.modifyAttributes(PartialCompositeDirContext.java :172)
    at com.sun.jndi.toolkit.ctx.PartialCompositeDirContex t.modifyAttributes(PartialCompositeDirContext.java :161)
    at javax.naming.directory.InitialDirContext.modifyAtt ributes(InitialDirContext.java:148)
    at com.zimbra.cs.account.ldap.LdapUtil.modifyAttrs(Ld apUtil.java:582)
    at com.zimbra.cs.account.ldap.LdapEntry.modifyAttrsIn ternal(LdapEntry.java:146)
    ... 26 more

Error code: account.INVALID_ATTR_NAME
    Method: ZmCsfeCommand.prototype.invoke
    Details:soap:Sender
    Last edited by jdell; 08-31-2006 at 10:54 PM.

russgalleywood is offline Elite Member

I get exactly the same error also on CentOS 4.3, someone please help!

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

jdell

Is this a new install of 4.0? If it is, you should contact support with this problem. The bugzilla report you pointed to only suggest a logoff/login of the admin ui that may fix the problem.

russgalleywood

Is your install an upgrade? If it is, did you install the trial license that came with the NE download?
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

russgalleywood is offline Elite Member

Thanks Mate,

I have just this minute replied to the other Post as this worked!

It hasn't occurred since. But as I said in the other Post, should I expect it to happen again?

Russ

No, I don't think this should occur again but if it does a report to support@zimbra.com would be in order.
    Regards

Bill

jdell is offline Project Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix
    jdell

Is this a new install of 4.0? If it is, you should contact support with this problem. The bugzilla report you pointed to only suggest a logoff/login of the admin ui that may fix the problem.

russgalleywood

Is your install an upgrade? If it is, did you install the trial license that came with the NE download?
    Yes, this is a fresh install of 4.0 GA Network Edition. I installed the trial license with the 4.0 GA NE Download. Previously, I had installed 4.0 RC1, but I never installed the trial license, and never saw this error.

I will open a bugzilla ticket.

Thanks,
    John

Quote Originally Posted by jdell
    Yes, this is a fresh install of 4.0 GA Network Edition. I installed the trial license with the 4.0 GA NE Download. Previously, I had installed 4.0 RC1, but I never installed the trial license, and never saw this error.
    There was a change in the licensing from RC1 to GA. Just to confirm, you didn't upgrade the RC1 did you? If this was a totally clean install then drop an email to support@zimbra.com before you do anything in bugzilla - they'll be able to help you.

If you did an upgrade of RC1 then I'd suggest removing it completely with ./install.sh -u and install a clean copy of the GA version including the license.
    Regards

Bill

Thread Information