Thread: Help!!

nroyb2771 is offline New Member

Default Help!!

I installed a new Zimbra for for email services, when I test it to send and received email, I observed that, in the yahoomail , it can send and received. For hotmail and gmail, I can only send but cannot received. I mean here, that the hotmail.com and gmail.com can received my email from my zimbra but when I reply from this hotmail or gmail, my zimbra cannot received it..

Why??? can please somebody answer/help me solve this problem.

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by nroyb2771 View Post
    I installed a new Zimbra for for email services, when I test it to send and received email, I observed that, in the yahoomail , it can send and received. For hotmail and gmail, I can only send but cannot received. I mean here, that the hotmail.com and gmail.com can received my email from my zimbra but when I reply from this hotmail or gmail, my zimbra cannot received it..

Why??? can please somebody answer/help me solve this problem.
    You need to look in the log files and see what errors you get, you should also have received an error from those services describing why you can't send to them and you should search the forums, this question has been asked and answered several times.

Please modify the title of this post to reflect the actual problem description, 'help' isn't a very good description and people will usually ignore a post with that title.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Default Zimbra cannot receive emails from hotmail and gmail

Sorry for posting this through that help title. it was because I am desperate to solve this problem that is bothering me, Can you please give me the specify steps on what to do. in this Zimbra installations, Why does it does this way. sorry but I dont know that this problem was already solve by every one, am sure they can help me with this.

I repeat, my hotmail and gmail emails cannot be receive by the zimbra server, additional info, my Zimbra server was inside a private network environment. Is this any problem with my DNS?

Sorry, I am just a nobe in this Zimbra installation.

uxbod is offline Moderator

Code:
    cat /etc/hosts
    cat /etc/resolv.conf
    dig yourdomain mx
    dig yourdomain any
    host `hostname` <- note backticks and not single quotes
    zmservername

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Sorry for posting this through that help title.
    Then please edit the title to something more appropriate.

I repeat, my hotmail and gmail emails cannot be receive by the zimbra server, additional info, my Zimbra server was inside a private network environment. Is this any problem with my DNS?
    You need a Split DNS: Split DNS - Zimbra :: Wiki

Sorry, I am just a nobe in this Zimbra installation.
    You should read the Quick Start installation Guide (link to the Docs at the top of this page) and search the forums for some answers.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Default thank you very much ,folks, but...

Sirs, thank you very much for the idea, now my hotmail can access and send file to my zimbra account. however, my gmail account can't still send to the zimbra server which is inside my private environment. I do have Split DNS, and I watch closely the output of the command given to me like the dig and the host. and they are working smoothly with a given output.

Now, why does my gmail account or any gmail acount can't send email to the zimbra

Yahoo and hotmail ae now ok. thanks

Please help.

Thread Information