Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ZCS 6.0.7, "Domain Admin" checkbox appears to be gone.

NathanL is offline Loyal Member

Default ZCS 6.0.7, "Domain Admin" checkbox appears to be gone.

Has the method in which an admin assigns "Doman Admin" rights to a user changed in ZCS 6.0.7? We've recently upgraded from 5.0.18. In 5.0.18, there were two check boxes, one for Administrator, and another for Domain Administrator. I did note that during the upgrade, the installer mentioned that it was converting domain admins to ACL based permissions. Does this remove the domain admin check box? And how do we now assign domain admins?

Or am i looking at a licensing problem? The Domain Admin privilege is not available in Open Source edition, is this possibly the issue? Does my install think that it's not NE?

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

You should update your forum profile with the output of the following command (do not post the output in this thread):

Code:
    zmcontrol -v
    When you click on the Administrator check box the display changes, is that what you're looking for?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    You should update your forum profile with the output of the following command (do not post the output in this thread):

Code:
    zmcontrol -v
    Updated, thanks
    When you click on the Administrator check box the display changes, is that what you're looking for?
    That's exactly what i'm looking for, but not what i'm seeing.

No other suggestions?

I suppose i'll have to take up with Zimbra's support.

frankske is offline Senior Member

Nathan, did you find the solution?

runreal is offline New Member

I'd like to know the answer too. There isn't a "Domain Admin" checkbox in my Control Panel either.

dave_kempe is offline Partner (VAR/HSP)

I had this on network edition, when the zimlet failed to deploy once. The server ran out of ram during the install, and the zimlet didn't deploy, and while the admin console eventually worked, after fixing the ram and restarting zimbra, the zimlet wasn't installed, so the domain admin function didn't work.
    Did you have a problem deploying the admin zimlets during install? Are you sure you have a proper license?
    http://www.solutionsfirst.com.au/hosting/zimbra/
    Australia's premier Zimbra Hosting Partner
    Resellers wanted!

runreal is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by dave_kempe View Post
    I had this on network edition, when the zimlet failed to deploy once. The server ran out of ram during the install, and the zimlet didn't deploy, and while the admin console eventually worked, after fixing the ram and restarting zimbra, the zimlet wasn't installed, so the domain admin function didn't work.
    Did you have a problem deploying the admin zimlets during install? Are you sure you have a proper license?
    I'm currently using trial Network Edition. I read somewhere that the trial license should cover all features.

Also I didn't notice any errors during install. Don't know much about zimlets but in admin console there is nothing under "zimlets" menu. Is this ok?

I know something is wrong but can't find what... Many things described in documentation is different from my installation.

Quote Originally Posted by dave_kempe View Post
    This could very well be our problem.

We ran into some other admin zimlet issues. I doubt it was a ram problem though, we've got 32gb of ram in these boxes...

At any rate, i'll be tending to the other zimlets in the next week or so, i'll add this to the list of features to look for. I was unaware that this was controlled by a zimlet.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by runreal View Post
    I'm currently using trial Network Edition. I read somewhere that the trial license should cover all features.

Also I didn't notice any errors during install. Don't know much about zimlets but in admin console there is nothing under "zimlets" menu. Is this ok?

I know something is wrong but can't find what... Many things described in documentation is different from my installation.
    The zimlet errors during install, or upgrade, are not very obvious. They scroll on by while the install script is running. When the installer is updating things. I missed it during our production upgrade, but i saw them during a test upgrade i did.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information