Thread: mysql libs error

dijichi2 is offline OpenSource Builder & Moderator

Default mysql libs error

hi, got a problem. 4.0_rc1_272, debian 3.1 . zimbra mysql libs appear to be incompatible with anything else on the system, e.g. php/mysql, postfix etc. errors such as this:

neo:~# /etc/init.d/apache start
    Starting web server: apachePHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php5/20050922/mysql.so' - /opt/zimbra/lib/libmysqlclient.so.14: version `MYSQL_4.1' not found (required by /usr/lib/php5/20050922/mysql.so) in Unknown on line 0

as a temorary fix i enter /usr/lib as higher priority than /opt/zimbra/mysql/lib in ld loader, but this then means you can't stop and start zimbra. anyone got any clever ideas or will it require a compile fix?

*bump*

anyone on debian also experiencing this problem, and/or have a clever idea to solve it? it's a huge, machine-breaking problem on a production server..

bug 10288 filed, was hoping it mighta been fixed for GA

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

What do you get from a "postqueue -p"?

[edit] Sorry about the 'shouting', fingers too big for keyboard.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

uh

zimbra@willow:~$ postqueue -p
    Mail queue is empty

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

It was a longshot but that was the answer I was expecting but it doesn't help your problem. I guess you'll have to wait for one of the zimbra guys to help you.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

marcmac is offline Expert Member

Yeah, we've seen this, but usually the other way - the system sql libs confuse the postfix we ship. Our dilemma is that we start postfix across the sudo boundary, so we can't set LD_LIBRARY_PATH - which is why we mod ld.so.conf.d.

The official response is, this is a mail server, do your php stuff elsewhere.

The unofficial response is, this is a pain, and we realize it. The currently favored solution is for us to statically link everything that we ship, which will solve this and other problems.

Don't ask me when we'll get there - that process is a HUGE pain, and we're trending in that direction, but we've not even fully scoped the work.

Possible workaround - can you set LD_LIBRARY_PATH explicitly in your apache startup script?
    Bugzilla - Wiki - Downloads - Before posting... Search!

Yeah, we've seen this, but usually the other way - the system sql libs confuse the postfix we ship. Our dilemma is that we start postfix across the sudo boundary, so we can't set LD_LIBRARY_PATH - which is why we mod ld.so.conf.d.
    ah, of course, that explains things.

The official response is, this is a mail server, do your php stuff elsewhere.
    grr...

The unofficial response is, this is a pain, and we realize it. The currently favored solution is for us to statically link everything that we ship, which will solve this and other problems.
    Don't ask me when we'll get there - that process is a HUGE pain, and we're trending in that direction, but we've not even fully scoped the work.
    would make building from source with the binary mysql downloads easier static libs are safer and quicker, although for sure a pain to build, upgrade and deal with etc.. good luck!

Possible workaround - can you set LD_LIBRARY_PATH explicitly in your apache startup script?
    added LD_LIBRARY_PATH to end of ENV var in /etc/init.d/apache, did the trick nicely. thankyou!!

bronto is offline Intermediate Member

Just noting that I had this problem too. I was able to get it working by modifying ld loader - adding /usr/lib at the bottom - and it works for me. I can start/stop both Zimbra and my seperate mysql install.

Getting everything up like I want it has been on the verge of "an ordeal", because this is not a dedicated mail server. Just acknowledging your "official response" below. However, in the real world not every mail server is dedicated. Thus, if my vote were to count for anything, it would be for Zimbra to make use of existing distro components rather than install it's own. The current method is best for testing/demoing/evangelizing Zimbra because on a virgin machine it "just works". But I think you're beyond that now, or soon will be. Just my humble opinion.

Thread Information