Thread: external account

u8210618 is offline Member

Default external account

what does it mean ?
    external account it mean fetch mail for isp to zimbra or get external mail as hotmail or gmail to zimbra web zimbra or zimbradesktop

1. but when i want to fetch mail from isp to zimbra account and feed it to outlookexpress or microsoft outlook
    2. in zimbra opensource can sync account to microsoft outlook or share addressbook?
    3. i can't find external menu in zimbra i find in account preperties but don't find menu external mail i cant find it on standardd web or in administrator page to config user

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by u8210618 View Post
    what does it mean ?
    external account it mean fetch mail for isp to zimbra or get external mail as hotmail or gmail to zimbra web zimbra or zimbradesktop
    It means you can get email from an external account.

1. but when i want to fetch mail from isp to zimbra account and feed it to outlookexpress or microsoft outlook
    You don't 'feed' it to anything else, the mail resides on the Zimbra server.

[QUOTE=u8210618;190703]2. in zimbra opensource can sync account to microsoft outlook or share addressbook?[/QUOYE]No, they are Network Edition features.

3. i can't find external menu in zimbra i find in account preperties but don't find menu external mail i cant find it on standardd web or in administrator page to config user
    As I've already told you, it is on the user Preferences tab and it's a user option. I've also told you to use Fetchmail if you want to get email from an external server.

Do not keep posting new threads on the same topic, you have already had answers to these questions and there are full details in the forums and the Fetchmail documentation on how to use Fetchmail (it's actually not a good idea to use Fetchmail unless your ISP has a multi-drop mailboxes and most don't).
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Thread Information