Thread: Issue with sending email to people in the Contacts list.

tpopchock is offline Starter Member

Default Issue with sending email to people in the Contacts list.

Hello,

I recently did an upgrade from 5.0.6 to 6.0.7.1 and everything went very smoothly. I, however, had a user ask today why they have everyone in their address book, but can not select them from Contacts when she presses the "To:" button.

When she selects to create a new message, everyone from the GAL shows up in the list. When she selects Contacts, the list is empty. I showed her she can enter a *, search, and everyone is there, but am curious why this is needed. She informed me she never had to do this before. Thanks!

Tom

paper.advocate is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by tpopchock View Post
    Hello,

I recently did an upgrade from 5.0.6 to 6.0.7.1 and everything went very smoothly. I, however, had a user ask today why they have everyone in their address book, but can not select them from Contacts when she presses the "To:" button.

When she selects to create a new message, everyone from the GAL shows up in the list. When she selects Contacts, the list is empty. I showed her she can enter a *, search, and everyone is there, but am curious why this is needed. She informed me she never had to do this before. Thanks!

Tom
    Perfect explanation of what is going at this location as well. We are currently evaluating Zimbra.

In either the Web client or Zimbra Desktop 2 Beta , if you click on To: when composing a message the GAL is populated. If you chose Contacts it's empty. If you search for a contact that has been previously entered into Contacts it's found and it also shows up during autocomplete. This happens under every user account.

Contacts have been created using both the Web client and Zimbra desktop client. I haven't found any such issues in past posts so could this be somthing new?

bb39700 is offline Starter Member

Same problem in verion 6.0.7. Only GAL is populated.
    In version 6.0.6, contact list is populated.

bb39700 is offline Starter Member

See in bugzilla but for old version : put * in search list to have all contacts.

Thread Information