Thread: ZCS 6 32-bit migrate to ZCS 6 64-bit options

jisenburg is offline Active Member

Default ZCS 6 32-bit migrate to ZCS 6 64-bit options

Hello,

I have several questions regarding the migration from 32-bit to 64-bit. Here is my current situation:

I have a 32-bit RHEL ZCS-NE running 6.0.6.

I would like to migrate the mailbox stores from this server to a new one running 64-bit ZCS-NE running 6.07. This is my primary goal.

However with maybe one or 2 differences related to the wiki for migrating from 32 to 64: Network Edition: Moving from 32-bit to 64-bit Server - Zimbra :: Wiki

1) I do not want the server to have the same name and IP as the old server

I also would prefer to just migrate the accounts over from the old server to the new.

It may sound dumb but I just don't feel comfortable moving all of my configurations that I made on the old server to the new server. I installed the 32-bit edition 2 1/2 years ago and I know I did not do a good job of configuring it from the beginning.

Basically I would like to start brand new and fresh with this new 64-bit server and keep in-tact my accounts and shares (nothing more)

I know I am asking for the sky but is there any way I can do that?

Perhaps take the last full backup and just restore it to the new 64-bit server? Or is there a way I can move the mailboxes from one server to the other?

Sorry for my incompetence. I have been reading up on the wiki on how to migrate and am not liking the fact that I am essentially just taking my old install and throwing it on another box.

Thanks for any help,

jisenburg

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

If your intention is to have a new server (with new hostname etc.) and move just the accounts then you'd probably be best off with zmmailboxmove, details here and here.

If you were to follow the 32bit to 64bit migration then the new server must have the same FQDN as the old server.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Ok so I went by these directions on the link provided and am having some issues.

1) When I installed the new zcs installation the install refused for me to change
    the Global Documents to anything but the FQDN of the new server I created

ex. (wiki@server.domain.com) instead of wiki@domain.com)

2) When finished updating the ldap and store information and continuing with installation I get the error (no license key found) and all Network Zimlets and common zimlets fail to install due to this I believe.

3) After installation supposedly finishes I try a zmcontrol status to see if I can install the license key however I get this error

Unable to determine enabled services from ldap.
    Unable to determine enabled services. Cache is out of date or doesn't exist.

4) In my setuplog I am getting this error:

service.FAILURE (system failure: ZimbraLdapContext) (cause: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path validation failed: java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException: signature check failed)

Any ideas on what I can do to get this up and running?

Thanks,

jisenburg

Another attempt I just tried was to use the cli to install the license file. Here are the errors I recieved from that as well.

[zimbra@server conf]$ zmlicense -i ZCSLicense.xml
    [] INFO: I/O exception (java.net.ConnectException) caught when processing request: Connection refused
    [] INFO: Retrying request
    Error: exception occurred: invoke Connection refused, server: localhost
    [zimbra@server conf]$ zmlicense -c
    Error: exception occurred: system failure: unable to get config

I have been scouring the forums and everything points to a DNS issue. I have checked and triple checked my settings and everything is right. I am really wanting to get this done soon. Does anyone have any ideas or can I post something else that will help?

Also when I do an install it tells me that my DNS is wrong and if I want to create a new one. I say no and continue with the install.

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by jisenburg View Post
    I have been scouring the forums and everything points to a DNS issue. I have checked and triple checked my settings and everything is right. I am really wanting to get this done soon. Does anyone have any ideas or can I post something else that will help?

Also when I do an install it tells me that my DNS is wrong and if I want to create a new one. I say no and continue with the install.
    Do you actually DNS A & MX records pointing to this server (you should)?
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Yes I did have my DNS records all correct. Host A and MX pointing to the server. My /etc/hosts and /etc/resolv was correct also. Hosts had the correct ip and hostname and resolv was pointing to my 03 DNS. The only way I found to fix it was to create a subdomain MX record with the hostname of my server (i.e. servname.domain.com) The installation did not register my original mx record of just (domain.com)

I decided to do the migration from 32-bit to 64-bit. Link here Network Edition: Moving from 32-bit to 64-bit Server - Zimbra :: Wiki
    instead of the link provided in your last reply. It's going to take alot longer and I am just hoping everything goes smoothly.

Copying the /opt/zimbra/store right now. It's taking Forever!

but I did recieve the error message there as well on my server while installing. However I was able to change the MX domain to (domain.com) instead of (servername.domain.com)

Very confusing to say the least.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________

Speaking of copying the store and index.... I have around 125 mailboxes each about 1GB in size. How long should the scp copy take? It's been about 2 hours already? Just curious how long I am going to have to sit here and wait. I am getting ansy!
    Last edited by jisenburg; 06-30-2010 at 11:16 AM.

Thread Information