Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Not receiving mail from specific addresses.

  1. #1
    mek
    mek is offline Active Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    France
    Posts
    45
    Rep Power
    5

    Default Not receiving mail from specific addresses.

    I have one user that says she cannot receive e-mail from some specific people outside the domain.

    Is there any reason that a single user on the same Class of Service as other users could have e-mails blocked that should be coming to her?

    I checked the Spam filter on the admin panel and it isn't picking anything up.

    Other users can receive mail from those outside addresses, it is only her that does not receive from them.

    Thanks for any help you can offer me

    Regards

  2. #2
    phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Vannes, France
    Posts
    23,499
    Rep Power
    56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mek View Post
    I have one user that says she cannot receive e-mail from some specific people outside the domain.

    Is there any reason that a single user on the same Class of Service as other users could have e-mails blocked that should be coming to her?

    I checked the Spam filter on the admin panel and it isn't picking anything up.

    Other users can receive mail from those outside addresses, it is only her that does not receive from them.

    Thanks for any help you can offer me
    The usual reason is that there's a filter set that either files those messages somewhere else or deletes them, check the user filters to see if there's one set. Do you actually see the 'missing' incoming messages for this user in your log files?
    Regards


    Bill


    Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

  3. #3
    mek
    mek is offline Active Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    France
    Posts
    45
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    I will check the logs now. I will also have a look at the filters.

    Sorry I just noticed I put this in the wrong place. I thought I was under Administrators.

    Thanks for the quick reply

  4. #4
    mek
    mek is offline Active Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    France
    Posts
    45
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Nothing in the filters at least.

    Honestly I am not entirely sure what I am looking for in the logs.

  5. #5
    phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Vannes, France
    Posts
    23,499
    Rep Power
    56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mek View Post
    Nothing in the filters at least.

    Honestly I am not entirely sure what I am looking for in the logs.
    Well, as the users says that they're not receiving mail from a particular person you need to check the logs for the email address for starters and see if anything arrived at the servers on the expected dates. You can see if the message was accepted or rejected and why.
    Regards


    Bill


    Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

  6. #6
    mek
    mek is offline Active Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    France
    Posts
    45
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Not going to believe this one.

    I went through all the logs and found the messages and the logs said they had been delivered.

    The user hadn't opened up the conversation arrows and so thought the email had not arrived

    Thanks for all the help, I learned quite a bit about understanding the logs.

  7. #7
    phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Vannes, France
    Posts
    23,499
    Rep Power
    56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mek View Post
    Not going to believe this one.
    Yes, I do.

    Quote Originally Posted by mek View Post
    I went through all the logs and found the messages and the logs said they had been delivered.

    The user hadn't opened up the conversation arrows and so thought the email had not arrived

    Thanks for all the help, I learned quite a bit about understanding the logs.
    It's usually the simple questions that cause the most problems, glad the user has found the 'lost' email.
    Regards


    Bill


    Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. [SOLVED] Zimbra OSS 6.04 will not start
    By powrrrplay in forum Installation
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-25-2010, 07:15 PM
  2. mta to not starting
    By cowanpf in forum Installation
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-05-2009, 04:36 AM
  3. zmamavisdctl stopped and won't restart
    By alto in forum Installation
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-18-2008, 12:41 AM
  4. fresh install down may be due to tomcat
    By gon in forum Installation
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-25-2007, 08:09 AM
  5. Seeming variety of problems on suse-9.1
    By Crexis in forum Installation
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 03-04-2006, 12:19 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •