Thread: Missing text preview after subject line

calharding is offline Junior Member

Default Missing text preview after subject line

Hi

I have upgrade zimbra from zcs-5.0.18 on slackware 9 to centos 5.5 and zimbra zcs-5.0.18. Everything seemed fine. I then upgraded zimbra to zcs-6.0.6. All the mail is there and the users. The only problem picked up is now new emails do not show up with the subject line and the first line of the email in the webmail browser. Is there something I have not enabled. I did go through the options available and everything looked to be turned on that would enable the preview. The picture attached will clear up my explanation. The old mails from the previous version show up fine. It is just the new mails.

The link below shows this.

imgur: The Simple Image Sharer

Regards
    Cal

soxfan is offline Moderator

As far as I know, this is controlled by the setting "Display snippets of messages in email list", which is under Preferences --> Mail in the "Displaying Messages" section. However, don't know why it would display for old messages, but not new ones. Also, don't understand the "This message is empty" pop-up that you are getting. Maybe try toggling that setting to see if it corrects the issue.

Hi There

We have tried everything you suggested before posting here. I am not sure why you do not understand the picture ? I thought the picture would make it more clear as to my problem.

Regards
    Cal

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Try sending a message with more text in the body of the email, it thinks the body is empty.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

soxfan is offline Moderator

We have tried everything you suggested before posting here. I am not sure why you do not understand the picture ? I thought the picture would make it more clear as to my problem
    I do understand your picture. I don't understand, or maybe I should say I can't give an explanation why your pop-up says "The message is empty" when clearly the message contains the word "test". But I guess that's part of the problem you are trying to solve. I just did a similar test on my end (test in the subject, test in the body) and it works fine.

Hi

Thank you for clearing that up Soxfan. I have sent another test email with far more text in the subject line and the first line of the email. Still no luck. Any ideas guys ? Which logfile should I follow to see if there are any errors?

Regards
    Cal

Anyone ? Log file to help try identify an error ? Maybe a command to turn up the logging in zimbra ?

Thanks
    Cal

Thread Information