Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problems with Distribution List

fjla is offline Intermediate Member

Default Problems with Distribution List

Hello. I have a question regarding the use of distribution lists. I need that when a group of users received an email from a list, to receive from this mailing list. Currently, when a menber of a distribution list responds to a mail, the other members of the list will get an email from sender to the mailing list. Am I clear?

Greetings.

jonallport is offline Special Member

Do you mean that the 'To' and 'Reply-to' should both be 'list@domain.tld' ?

I think you'll have to use personae for that. Create a persona for each list member with the 'Reply-to' field set to the mailing list address.

Just be careful with 'out of office' replies! You don't want to get into a "RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:....." loop everytime someone goes on holiday.

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Please update your forum profile with the output of the following command (do not post it in this thread):
    Code:
    zmcontrol -v
    Quote Originally Posted by fjla View Post
    Currently, when a menber of a distribution list responds to a mail, the other members of the list will get an email from sender to the mailing list.
    That should only happen if the recipient hits the 'Reply All' button. It works correctly for me if I receive an email from the d/l and reply, it goes to the original sender only.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

I will try to explain with an example:
    Name the distribution list: lista@xx.x
    Members list: user 1@xx.x, user 2@yy.y

If a user sends an email to the email lista@xx.x it will receive the user 1 and user 2. Here comes the problem. User 2 has received the mail from the user 1 account, when the right mast be you receive mail from list@ Also, if the user 2 wants to respond to the list, you must reply to all. Is it possible to solve this problem?
    By the way, if you know you can answer in Spanish ...., xdd.

Greetings.

emiro is offline Senior Member

So, you would like an email from user1@example.com to listA@example.com to be received by the recipients with "from=listA@example.com" and not from user1@example.com (the method zimbra uses currently). In version 6.0.6, when user2@example.com replies (with either "reply" or "reply all"), it replies to "listA@example.com". Are you wanting it to default to the sender (user1, in this example).

For what it's worth, here is "Google Translate":

Por lo que vale, aquí es "Google Translate":

Por lo tanto, le gustaría un correo electrónico de user1@example.com a listA@example.com a percibir por los beneficiarios con "from = listA@example.com" y no de user1@example.com (el zimbra método utiliza actualmente) . En la versión 6.0.6, cuando user2@example.com respuestas (ya sea con "responder" o "responder a todos"), responde a "listA@example.com". Si es usted que lo precise para responder al remitente (usuario1, en este ejemplo), en lugar de la lista?

Ok, the problem is the version of my zimbra 5. Thank so much.

Hola, he instalado zimbra 6 y sigo con el mismo problema. No puedo realizar envíos de mail a listas de distribución pues los destinatarios cuando reciben el mail lo ven como si fuese yo la persona que lo mando, y lo que yo quiero es que a los destinatarios les aparezca como remitente, la propia lista de distribución. ¿es imposible hacer esto con zimbra?

Traduction with google:
    Hi, I installed zimbra 6 and I still have the same problem. I can not make deliveries of mail to distribution lists as recipients receive the mail when they see it as if I were the person in charge, and what I want is for them to appear to recipients as the sender, distribution list itself. Is it impossible to do this with zimbra?

I don't see a way of doing this at this time.
    ~
    No veo una forma de hacer esto en este momento.

Pues es un problema, pues pensaba que con la versión 6 de zimbra se solucionaría este problema. ¿sabéis de algún programa que realice lo que necesito? Conozco mailman, pero no me acaba de gustar.

Saludos.

I'm sorry for the confusion. I was saying earlier that 6.0 behaves the way you want regarding one of your issues (you don't have to "reply to all" in order to respond to the group) *, but the other issue (having it come "FROM" the distribution list) it doesn't resolve.

* Correction: I'm in 6.0.7 now, and reply is only going to individual sender, not group. Either it has changed since 6.0.6, or (more likely) I misunderstood how it worked during my earlier test. Either way, I'm sorry for the mixup.

Gmail gets the one part right: "reply" replies to the group. But it still shows the orginal emails as coming from the sender, not the group.

~~~~~

Lo siento por la confusión. Decía anteriormente que 6,0 se comporta de la manera deseada con respecto a uno de sus problemas (no tiene que "responder a todos" a fin de responder a todo el grupo) *, pero el otro tema (que viene "de" El lista de distribución) no se resuelve.

* Corrección: Estoy en 6.0.7 ahora, y la respuesta sólo se va al remitente individual, no al grupo. O bien ha cambiado desde 6.0.6, o (más probablemente) no he entendido bien cómo funcionaba durante mi prueba anterior. De cualquier manera, lo siento por el mestizo.

Gmail obtiene el derecho de una parte: la "respuesta" respuestas al grupo. Sin embargo, aún muestra los correos electrónicos originales como procedentes del remitente, no el grupo.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information