Thread: removing "netset: cannot include 127.0.0.0/8 as it has already been included" errors

websavages is offline Junior Member

Default removing "netset: cannot include 127.0.0.0/8 as it has already been included" errors

Hi all,

Forgive me if this has been posted in the wrong forum, happy to be told where it should be posted.

When I review the /opt/zimbra/log/spamtrain.log log file I get the following message everytime;

Code:
    "netset: cannot include 127.0.0.0/8 as it has already been included"
    Now I have worked out that the message is being caused by the following stanza in /opt/zimbra/conf/salocal.cf

Code:
    trusted_networks 127.0.0.0/8
    which in turn is a result of the following code in /opt/zimbra/conf/salocal.cf.in

Code:
    %%uncomment VAR:zimbraMtaMyNetworks%%trusted_networks %%zimbraMtaMyNetworks%%
    Having searched the web it turns out that since version 3.2.0 of spamassassin 127.0.0.1 is hard coded as a trusted network (src: 'Re: what is "netset: cannot include 127.0.0.1/32 as it has already been included"' - MARC).

I assume that if I remove 127.0.0.1/8 from zimbraMtaMyNetworks in the zimbra configuration (zmprov gs my.domain.com) zimbra will fall over in a heap. Could anyone please confirm this?

Now the question (sorry it's taken a while). How do I prevent 127.0.0.1/8 from being added to the salocal.cf file without hacks and or patches? I think I will need to submit this as a bug but could do with some guidance.

Cheers ws

quanah is offline Zimbra Employee

Quote Originally Posted by websavages View Post
    Hi all,

Forgive me if this has been posted in the wrong forum, happy to be told where it should be posted.

When I review the /opt/zimbra/log/spamtrain.log log file I get the following message everytime;

Code:
    "netset: cannot include 127.0.0.0/8 as it has already been included"
    Now I have worked out that the message is being caused by the following stanza in /opt/zimbra/conf/salocal.cf

Code:
    trusted_networks 127.0.0.0/8
    which in turn is a result of the following code in /opt/zimbra/conf/salocal.cf.in

Code:
    %%uncomment VAR:zimbraMtaMyNetworks%%trusted_networks %%zimbraMtaMyNetworks%%
    Having searched the web it turns out that since version 3.2.0 of spamassassin 127.0.0.1 is hard coded as a trusted network (src: 'Re: what is "netset: cannot include 127.0.0.1/32 as it has already been included"' - MARC).

I assume that if I remove 127.0.0.1/8 from zimbraMtaMyNetworks in the zimbra configuration (zmprov gs my.domain.com) zimbra will fall over in a heap. Could anyone please confirm this?

Now the question (sorry it's taken a while). How do I prevent 127.0.0.1/8 from being added to the salocal.cf file without hacks and or patches? I think I will need to submit this as a bug but could do with some guidance.

Cheers ws

I'm not clear why you would need to change anything. It is simply a harmless warning generated by SpamAssassin. It has no negative effect. They are simply noting that because they hard code that range, it is not required to list it. It does not prevent anything from working properly.
    Quanah Gibson-Mount
    Server Architect
    Zimbra, Inc
    --------------------
    Zimbra :: the leader in open source messaging and collaboration

Thread Information