Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [SOLVED] inbox moved to trash!?!

dlschaffer is offline Junior Member

Default [SOLVED] inbox moved to trash!?!

I'm sure there's a post about this somewhere, but I couldn't find it.

All read messages in my inbox were moved to the trash folder. And when I try to move some of the emails back into the inbox or a folder in my inbox, nothing happens. I've logged out and back in, but that didn't help. And ideas?

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

You've posted this in the Zimbra Desktop forum, is it a question about that or Zimbra Collaboration Suite and which version & release is it?
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Sorry for the lack of information. It's Collaboration Suite 6.0 (Advanced Zimbra Web Client). Please let me know if I should post this question somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by dlschaffer View Post
    Sorry for the lack of information. It's Collaboration Suite 6.0 (Advanced Zimbra Web Client). Please let me know if I should post this question somewhere else.
    I'll move it to the correct forum.
    Regards

Bill

nagileon is offline Member

Messages left in the Trash may be automatically purged, in which case you cannot recover them. Did you create a backup ?

zimbrablog: Zimbra backup - open source way
    http://zimbramta.blogspot.com

Release 6.0.6_GA_2324.RHEL5_64_20100406133038 CentOS5_64 NETWORK edition.

nagileon is offline Member

Trashed message lifetime = Number of days a message remains in the Trash folder before it is automatically purged. The default is 30 days.
    To check what's the value on your server go to: Domain admin > Class of Service > Default > Advanced >Email Retention Policy.

What can you see there ?
    http://zimbramta.blogspot.com

Release 6.0.6_GA_2324.RHEL5_64_20100406133038 CentOS5_64 NETWORK edition.

Actually - I've come to realize my inbox is not in my trash - it's just invisible. When I search for emails that were in my inbox I can find them along with all my trash. When I try to move them my inbox, it looks like they move, but they don't. However, I can move emails in my trash to my inbox.

It seems to me that the msgs that were kept in my inbox can't be moved to my inbox because they are already there. But where?!?

It also seems that messages that have come since the others went invisible are having no problem residing in my inbox.

I'll survive.

Actually - I've come to realize my inbox is not in my trash - it's just invisible. When I search for emails that were in my inbox I can find them along with all my trash. When I try to move them my inbox, it looks like they move, but they don't. However, I can move emails in my trash to my inbox.

It seems to me that the msgs that were kept in my inbox can't be moved to my inbox because they are already there. But where?!?

It also seems that messages that have come since the others went invisible are having no problem residing in my inbox.
    Please update your forum profile with the output of the following command (do not post it in this thread):

Code:
    zmcontrol -v
    So, are you actually saying that in the left panel of the Web UI there's no Inbox listed or just that you can't see any messages in the Inbox folder? Has this been happening for long or has it just started happening? Go to your user Preferences and see what the default search is set to, post it here.
    Regards

Bill

I do not see any of the messages that were in my inbox prior to Saturday (5/22) morning. But I can find them when I do a search - so they aren't lost, just hidden.

Mail search: in:inbox
    Gen'l search: include trash

Thanks.

(By the way, I don't know what you mean by updating my profile with the output of zmcontrol -v)

I do not see any of the messages that were in my inbox prior to Saturday (5/22) morning. But I can find them when I do a search - so they aren't lost, just hidden.
    Have you tried re-indexing the mailbox from the Admin UI? If not, try that and see if that makes any difference.

(By the way, I don't know what you mean by updating my profile with the output of zmcontrol -v)
    If you click on the link I gave you earlier for your forum profile you'll see your forum details, you should enter the version of Zimbra you have installed so we don't have to keep asking you: http://www.zimbra.com/forums/announc...html#post62754
    Regards

Bill

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information