Thread: Need for compat-libstdc++-296 and compat-libstdc++-33 for Linux Enterprise 4

jeemeekay is offline Junior Member

Default Need for compat-libstdc++-296 and compat-libstdc++-33 for Linux Enterprise 4

Hello,

I have Linux Enterprise 4 running on my Dedicated Server. I plan to install Zimbra Mail on the Server and Zimbra needs both files compat-libstdc++-296 and compat-libstdc++-33. I have been looking for its rpms on the internet but could not find specifics for Linux Enterprise version 4. so any suggestions on how to locate rpms for Linux Enterprise or maybe the tar files for it as well.

Thanks.

Kayode.

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

If you do a 'yum list compat\*' it should list the compatibility packages, just pick the ones needed.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

dijichi2 is offline OpenSource Builder & Moderator

rhel4 doesn't use yum for package management. try this:

up2date --install compat-libstdc++-296
    up2date --install compat-libstdc++-33

if you've got a colo or rented box from a decent provider they should have already registered up2date for you.

Default Need for compat-libstdc++-296 and compat-libstdc++-33 for Linux Enterprise 4

Thanks for the reply,

I already tried using up2date, it then asked me to register which i did and after that, anytime I tried running up2date, it gives me the error.....

This system may not be updated until it is associated with a channel.

I googled and noticed I have to buy subscriptions or something to be able to use up2date. I would appreciate if anyone knows where to download rpms that would just solve the problem or could recommend a better solution.

Thanks a lot

oh right, i'm used to people using the term Dedicated Server to mean a rented server eg. rackspace box, which often come with rhel4 installed and up2date registered. if you've just downloaded redhat and installed it on one of your own boxes then yes you have to pay to use up2date! you could try another OS that is free, eg. fedora or debian both of which are supported by zimbra, or CentOS which is a free version of rhel4.

come to think of it, you should be able to register with redhat to evaluate rhel4 for 30 days - this then gives you the ability to use up2date and rhn for 30 days for free.

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by dijichi2
    come to think of it, you should be able to register with redhat to evaluate rhel4 for 30 days - this then gives you the ability to use up2date and rhn for 30 days for free.
    A subscription will, of course, still be needed. I'd recommend installing CentOS 4 as it's binary compatible with RHEL and runs Zimbra OK.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Default Re:(Resolved)

Hello,

Thanks for the posts. I downloaded an 30 day evaluation and presently using that. Although, like I said earlier, it is a dedicated server (i.e. a hosted server) so I also spoke to the providers who had active subscriptions and I will get that from them later.

Thanks for the help. I downloaded Zimbra 3.2 Beta Open source edition and presently looking at the features esp. Asterisks zimlet although i cant readily find any documentation on this. Any links will be appreciated.

KevinH is offline Expert Member

Quote Originally Posted by jeemeekay
    Thanks for the help. I downloaded Zimbra 3.2 Beta Open source edition and presently looking at the features esp. Asterisks zimlet although i cant readily find any documentation on this. Any links will be appreciated.
    Some info here:

http://wiki.zimbra.com/index.php?tit...sk_VOIP_Zimlet
    Looking for new beta users -> Co-Founder of Acompli. Previously worked at Zimbra (and Yahoo! & VMware) since 2005.

Thread Information