Thread: Pasting images from the clipboard directly to mail in Zimbra, mail to from excel

DataFirst is offline New Member

Default Pasting images from the clipboard directly to mail in Zimbra, mail to from excel

Hi All,

We're currently undergoing a pilot with Zimbra and hoping to roll out across the company.

So far the feedback has been overwhelming positive, however there are a couple of useability points that for users are being flagged as potential show stoppers, so wondering if there are any workarounds or changes in the works for these items.

1) Pasting directly from clipboard for an image - I found a couple of posts referring to this, but nothing with a definitive answer on if this was to be implemented, or if there are any addons/modifications that can be made to implement this feature.

2) For the mail to... - a lot of our users utilise the send to->mail recipient function in Excel. Is there any plans for implementing MAPI support for this in the Zimbra desktop client, or is it off the cards for now?

ewilen is offline Moderator

For (1), I can paste directly into a compose window provided the message is formatted as HTML. Either use the popup to do so, or set a default via Preferences > Mail > Composing. Note: tested under Mac OS 10.6.2 with Safari 4.0.5. If you have a different OS or browser, your mileage may vary.

For (2), what you're looking for is sort of like Bug 12845 – windows explorer shell plugin "send this to mail recipient" but I think you're more likely to see results on Bug 37462 – Support "Send To->Mail Recipients" on windows, which is focused specifically on Zimbra Desktop.

Read through the second bug, it has some links to further discussion.

gersh is offline Loyal Member

Verified: Paste from clipboard to Compose window (HTML) works in Safari, but not Firefox.

Why?

ewilen is offline Moderator

I've noticed that Safari does a few things better than Firefox when it comes to moving data from one window to another (even across applications). For example, if you open a web page in Safari, and then drag the URL's favicon into a Notebook document in Zimbra, you get a link with text based on the page title.

tracyajones is offline New Member

I can paste tables, but not charts - both firefox and safari

vpardo is offline Starter Member

Default Zimbra desktop, 7.1.2 for windows

Hi, is there a way to paste extracts from an exel sheet into zimbra desktop for windows? It paste the content of the cells, and the cell structure but the formatting is totally lost.

I know it works for Zimbra desktop for mac, and Zimbra Web (Mac & PC).

Please help I have a lot of unhappy users trying to use this feature!!!

thanks

Thread Information