Thread: beach theme broke today; workaround found

lindsey is offline Senior Member

Default beach theme broke today; workaround found

We had several users report that Zimbra wasn't displaying properly this afternoon. We realized that only Firefox 3.6.3 users were affected, and then
    discovered that only people with the 'beach' theme had problems.

We ended up turning off 'beach' in the COS and making the default 'sand',
    so all of the impacted Firefox users can now log in again. If we re-enable 'beach' and use the skin previewer zimlet the problem becomes apparent
    again.

For now we'll leave 'beach' off.

Chris

mmorse is offline Moderator

Could you check back and provide exact repo steps if it happens after 6.0.7? I can't seem to hit it with the skinpreview zimlet (enabled or actually previewing ?skin=x) on build 2398, or any of the below builds either.

Seem to notice a pattern, while these 2 ended up getting closed as 'worksforme' finding a root cause would be prudent.
    Bug 44606 -Beach skin broken in main 6.0.6
    Bug 43686 -Beach skin broken on main 6.0.5
    Issues with zimbra web client and firefox 3.5.8 or later

Any info you can get from ?dev=1 or firebug when the issues occurs would be great.
    Also if you've got an opportunity to create an account assigned to a new cos, then slowly disable features & zimlets till the problem disappears we'd appreciate it.
    If you've got spare licenses and don't mind letting us access a test account PM me the details.
    Last edited by mmorse; 05-18-2010 at 07:24 AM.

lindsey is offline Senior Member

Ahh, I didn't think to look at the open bugs because it just hit us. The screen capture in 43686 looks exactly like what we saw. Here I thought I was giving advance heads-up (and so proud of our one-hour problem->resolution timetable) when in reality we're just way behind.

We're still running 6.0.5, although we have been for several months now. There were no recent upgrades, no recent restarts, or anything similar. I'm not sure what triggered it so late in the game.

The only commonality was that it appeared after a full Firefox restart for each user, but we've restarted our browsers since the upgrade too.

What's interesting is that the 'beach' theme worked fine in the admin interface, but wouldn't work if the user logged in on their own (even in the same browser).

Thread Information