Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Automatically get mail from gmail account

  1. #1
    elpiube is offline New Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    5

    Default Automatically get mail from gmail account

    I try to get mail from an external account, I found, in each user configuration (Preferences -> Account) this feature, but our user usually use client application to read mail (like thunderbird) and this feature does not work.

    I see in this post that zimbra use a pop 3 connector
    http://www.zimbra.com/forums/develop...tor-print.html

    But I don't found where I can configurate this connector.

    Thanks,
    Massimo

  2. #2
    phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Vannes, France
    Posts
    23,504
    Rep Power
    57

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by elpiube View Post
    I try to get mail from an external account, I found, in each user configuration (Preferences -> Account) this feature, but our user usually use client application to read mail (like thunderbird) and this feature does not work.
    The user has the option to download the mail to a new folder or the Inbox, in either of those situation a fat client such as Thunderbird (using IMAP) will see the email. You could actually get them to use the Zimbra Desktop instead.

    Quote Originally Posted by elpiube View Post
    I see in this post that zimbra use a pop 3 connector
    http://www.zimbra.com/forums/develop...tor-print.html
    There is no such thing as a POP3 connector for Zimbra and it doesn't say there is one in the thread you linked to.

    Quote Originally Posted by elpiube View Post
    But I don't found where I can configurate this connector.
    See comment above. That thread also mentions Fetchmail which is a utility to download external mail the zimbra server but I don't believe that's what you're after.

    Using POP3 is not a good idead, get the users to change to IMAP or the Zimbra Desktop, they'll find it a much more pleasant experience.
    Regards


    Bill


    Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

  3. #3
    elpiube is offline New Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    There is no such thing as a POP3 connector for Zimbra and it doesn't say there is one in the thread you linked to.
    Yes, I read carefully the last topic, i misunderstand...

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    See comment above. That thread also mentions Fetchmail which is a utility to download external mail the zimbra server but I don't believe that's what you're after.

    Using POP3 is not a good idead, get the users to change to IMAP or the Zimbra Desktop, they'll find it a much more pleasant experience.
    I will try Zimbra desktop as you suggest...
    Thanks a lot for your kind answer!!!

  4. #4
    elpiube is offline New Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    With Zimbra desktop it work, but, Zimbra desktop list all the email showing "received time" not "email time".
    If you open the email, you effectively see the real mail time.
    Is possible to see while listing all email the "email time" not the "receinving time"?

    Thanks a lot!
    Massimo

  5. #5
    phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Vannes, France
    Posts
    23,504
    Rep Power
    57

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by elpiube View Post
    With Zimbra desktop it work, but, Zimbra desktop list all the email showing "received time" not "email time".
    If you open the email, you effectively see the real mail time.
    Is possible to see while listing all email the "email time" not the "receinving time"?
    What do you mean by 'real mail time'? The normal display for any mail client would be the time it arrived at the mail server, that's what you're seeing in ZD.
    Regards


    Bill


    Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

  6. #6
    elpiube is offline New Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    If I download the email today, but the email was send yesterday, in the "date" column ZD show me today and the time that I push "Get mail"...
    But, when I open the email, it show me the real mail time...

    As you can see in the screen shot attached, the email open is of 24 march 2010 (24 marzo 2010 in italian) but in the column it show today 15:41 (saturday, 8 may 2010 in sabato, 8 maggio 2010 in italian)

    Is possible to see in the column the 24 of march?

    Thanks a lot!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Mail deferred with Connection timed out
    By Miklos Kalman in forum Administrators
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-17-2012, 06:11 AM
  2. Problems with port 25
    By yogiman in forum Installation
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 06-13-2011, 01:55 PM
  3. mta to not starting
    By cowanpf in forum Installation
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-05-2009, 04:36 AM
  4. [SOLVED] Zimbra don't work - zmmailboxd
    By dmalherbe in forum Administrators
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-20-2008, 10:05 AM
  5. [SOLVED] mailbox and apache not running
    By rtwick in forum Administrators
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-15-2008, 08:21 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •