Thread: Admin Console hangs at loading . . . (Linux vs XP?)

gimecoffee is offline Intermediate Member

Default Admin Console hangs at loading . . . (Linux vs XP?)

I've read a few similar to this but this one is a little baffling. I've had Zimbra 6.0.6 installed for a while (3 weeks) with no issues (Fedora 11 x64 on VMware Server virtual machine with 4g virtual Ram and a 20gig virtual drive) and no changes to the zimbra server. (Currently waiting for deployment.) My workstation is Mandriva Linux 2008.1 (I know it's old but it's my development workstation and I've been too busy to upgrade) with Firefox 3.0.8.

Today I tried the admin console login and it hangs on "Loading . . .". No error messages that I could find in the zimbra server logs so it appears to be authenticating correctly. I updated Linux Firefox to 3.6.3 but it had the same issue. Also ran with firebug which shows no errors. After reading a forum post about adding ?debug=1 to the URL I gave it a try and it started working but it popped up a debug window which is slightly annoying. (BTW . . . no problems on the zimbra email web client.)

The baffling part is that the admin console has no problems from an XP machine running EI7 or Mozilla 3.6.3. I'm guessing this is a problem with how my Linux workstation is interacting with zimbra admin console but the debug window and firebug are showing no errors that I see. Just messages. I've tried clearing the cache, deleting the cookies and deleting the SSL cert.

Only thing I know of that was changed last night was our network administrator added a sub-domain with an mx record to point mail to this zimbra server on our lan and currently there are no reverse dns entries. Doesn't seem like that could be a problem since logging in from an XP workstation works fine but thought I'd mention it just in case.

Any thoughts on how I can figure out what the issue is on my Linux workstation?

Thank you
    Rois Cannon

gimecoffee is offline Intermediate Member

I was able to log in on to the admin console without using "debug=1" Of coarse the zimbra server locked up over the weekend and so there was a fresh boot. I'm guessing this is related to something I haven't figured out yet so for now I guess I won't worry about it.

Rois Cannon

Thread Information