Thread: Help Re-Newing Certificate

gparach is offline Active Member

Default Help Re-Newing Certificate

I am a NE 6.04 client and I need to renew my expiring GeoCerts certificate. In order to get a new certificate I need to generate a new CSR. From the Admin console when I select Install Certificate, it tells me I have an existing CSR. If I click on Next, a new CSR does not get generated and the program exits. My question is should I check off the "Replace the Existing CSR" box to continue to recieve a new CSR for my CA and will that make my current certificate void and cause mail errors?

tonster is offline Zimbra Employee

Quote Originally Posted by gparach View Post
    I am a NE 6.04 client and I need to renew my expiring GeoCerts certificate. In order to get a new certificate I need to generate a new CSR. From the Admin console when I select Install Certificate, it tells me I have an existing CSR. If I click on Next, a new CSR does not get generated and the program exits. My question is should I check off the "Replace the Existing CSR" box to continue to recieve a new CSR for my CA and will that make my current certificate void and cause mail errors?
    You can check the box to replace the CSR, it will not affect your currently installed certificate until you actually install a new one. The certificates are also backed up when newly installed, so if you should replace one and need to revert the old certificates will exist in /opt/zimbra/ssl/zimbra.

Thread Information