Thread: Questions about uploading files and download emails

fulltears is offline Junior Member

Default Questions about uploading files and download emails

We use Zimbra OpenSource 6.0.5 CentOS5_64, multi servers.(1 master ldap + 2 mailbox servers + 1 proxy & mta )

There are some questions and anyone helping answering would be appreciate。
    1.when uploading a file larger than zimbraFileUploadMaxSize to Briefcase, the process moving several seconds and then just stopped at the upload window, no errors prompted and no operation can be done(no closing the window nor canceling the process...) I have to refresh the explorer to re-login the mailbox. why zimbra doesn't feedback some info such as exceeding Maxsize? It's not so friendly~

2.Some of our users upload file(less than 10M) through ISP network with uploading speed roughly 512k, it's hard to success. I have tested uploading 1M,2M...10M to the mailbox, files less than 5M uploading success rate ok,but more than 5M usually after 3 or 4 minutes it's just stopped like I mentioned above(the first question). With the Standard (HTML) version, it would display a "not found" page. But I can upload all to our old email(Openwebmail) successfully. were there some timeout settings ? I read the thread "[SOLVED] Uploading large files to Briefcase... timeout?", having something similar but not totally. There is no error in log files,and I can't find the parameters mentioned in the thread.
    All the uploding done from the proxy server, is there some relevance?

3.The zimbra Standard (HTML)version doesn't support IE6.0 ? Especially uploading attachment, the upload frame can't display.

4.Single email download. Our user have some suggestion, he want to download some important email when he reading it.I told him to do that from the Import/Outport function, but it's not so convenient to filter the email that he wanted. A lot of email system can download the email at the reading email window. I hope Zimbra can add this function.

The Zimbra is very good, I wish it's getting better~
    Last edited by fulltears; 04-15-2010 at 03:43 AM. Reason: update

bma
    bma is offline Intermediate Member

we have the same problem. Zimbra OpneSource 5.0.16, Ubuntu8.04_64

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by bma View Post
    we have the same problem. Zimbra OpneSource 5.0.16, Ubuntu8.04_64
    It's not clear (to me at least) what your 'same problem' is. A detailed description of when and where you have the problem and what errors you're seeing might be a good place to start.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

bma
    bma is offline Intermediate Member

Hi Bill,

Thank you for your input.
    the problem for our case is that users can not add large attachment in webclient. attach small files(<1mb) is ok, but it's difficult to attach files > 2mb in the email, it only works occasionally. for attaching a large file, as the post described above, the process moving for a while and then just stopped at the upload window, no errors prompted and no operation can be done(no closing the window nor canceling the process...)

I also cheked the maillog, I can see the successful attachments in the log, but no records for unsuccessful attachments.

Thanks,

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

What is the uplod and maximum file sizes for your server? Whare are you doing the uploads from, a linux box or Windows and which browser?
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Thread Information