Thread: Definitions for settings

psheehan is offline Junior Member

Default Definitions for settings

Below I've listed the Calendar Options for the COS. I can't find any definitions or descriptions as to what happens when toggling these options and why or why not to have them. I searched online Admin Help Guide - the help on the page and Google. Nothing about what they toggle. The ones I'm most interested in are bold. Thanks

Patrick

Use iCal delegation model for shared calendars for CalDAV interface
    Enable past due reminders
    Enable toaster notification for new mail
    Allow sending cancelation email to organizer
    Automatically add invites with PUBLISH method
    Automatically add forwarded invites to calendar
    Flash browser title on appointment remimnder
    Enable audible appointment notification
    Auto-decline invites from users who are denied from inviting this user
    Automatically add appointments when inveted
    Notify of changes made via delegated access
    Always show the mini-calendar
    Use the QuickAdd dialog when creating new appointments
    Show time zone list in appointment view

DerekShaw is offline Junior Member

Default Add me to the list

We are testing this for possible replacement of exchange server at at least 2 law firms. It is critical to understand the Calendar functions, as they are in wide use.

The Administrator's Guide has this helpful bit about CalDav (pg 91):
    • Set the preference to use the iCal delegation model for shared calendars for CalDav interface.
    There are no other hits for CalDav nor iCal in the pdf edition of "ZimbraTM Collaboration Suite Administrator’s Guide" (Open Source edition) distributed with zcs-6.0.5.

...and googling with "iCal delegation model" -zimbra yields zero hits.
    Last edited by DerekShaw; 04-16-2010 at 10:47 AM. Reason: more clarity about which version of documentation being used

ewilen is offline Moderator

I can help with some of these, based on my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by psheehan View Post
    Use iCal delegation model for shared calendars for CalDAV interface
    Bug 46989 - Prefs: "Enable delegation for Apple iCal CalDAV client" needs explanation
    Enable past due reminders
    If you turn this off, then reminders aren't displayed if the reminder time has already passed. I.e. reminders are only displayed only at the time specified by the event time and the lead time for the reminder. Turning it off is also a workaround for Bug 44609 - User's getting reminders from other users for shared calendars (fixed in 6.0.6).
    Enable toaster notification for new mail
    Allow sending cancelation email to organizer
    Automatically add invites with PUBLISH method
    These are all mysteries to me. The last one might be related to draft-desruisseaux-caldav-sched-08 - CalDAV Scheduling Extensions to WebDAV but that's just a wild guess.
    Automatically add forwarded invites to calendar
    As a wild guess, this might mean treating forwarded invitations the same way as invitations are treated when you have "Automatically add appointments when invited" set. Note that forwarded invitation handling has been implemented/fixed in recent ZCS 6.x releases.
    Flash browser title on appointment remimnder
    Enable audible appointment notification
    These are straightforward, I think. Basically the same behavior as you can enable for receiving new mail, only for reminders.
    Auto-decline invites from users who are denied from inviting this user
    This may be to prevent such invites from being accepted using a third-party client.
    Automatically add appointments when inveted
    If you don't have this set, then appointments aren't added to your calendar until you accept them in mail. If you do have it set, then appointments are automatically added as tentative until you take action on them.
    Notify of changes made via delegated access
    I would suspect this is related to Bug 16306 - A notification needs to be sent whenever a delegatee modifies an appointment and Bug 42819 - Notify Calendar owner when a delegate user make an appointment in the shared calendar, but neither of those is resolved so I don't see why the pref is there except as a placeholder.
    Always show the mini-calendar
    Use the QuickAdd dialog when creating new appointments
    Show time zone list in appointment view
    These are straightforward. The first will show the mini-calendar (lower left) even when you aren't in Calendar view. But I just noticed that it doesn't show on initial login no matter what--this is a minor bug, not sure if it's been reported. The second affects whether or not you get the full-blown calendar details when adding an event by dragging or right-clicking on the calendar (as opposed to when using the Create New Appointment button). The third affects whether timezone can be selected when setting time while creating/editing an appointment.

ewilen is offline Moderator

Thread Information