Thread: [SOLVED] Moving aliases error

emiro is offline Senior Member

Exclamation [SOLVED] Moving aliases error

I'm having trouble moving aliases. I select " move alias " and it pops up the window asking to what account... select account, and it errors out.

"A distribution list, an alias, a resource or an account with the specified name already exists. Please choose another name."

The "Details" are:
    Message: email address already exists: {alias}, at DN: {dn of alias} Error code: account.ACCOUNT_EXISTS Method: AddDistributionListAliasRequest Details:soap:Sender

This appears to be happening for all aliases (can't find one that works). Anyone else run into this problem?

uxbod is offline Moderator

It would be very helpful if your were to update your profile with the following information; it is possible dependant on the version of ZCS you are running that it has been fixed in a later release.
    Code:
    su - zimbra
    zmcontrol -v

I've looked through bugzilla (open bugs and otherwise) and searched the forums... seems that "move alias" works for others, in general. Also, as I've resigned to "deleting/re-adding", I've noticed I also can't delete aliases (from the "Alias" window). No errors, and it completes the process, they just don't go away. I can delete them from an "account edit", however.

This still *bugs* me. I'd appreciate any response. Has anyone else used this feature? Does it work for you? I really looks like to me that it's just trying to add the alias on the new account before it deletes it from the old... but then I'd expect this feature to not work for anyone.

...i figured it out. It's the "search results" page that doesn't do the "move alias" properly. Works just fine from the "main page" of Aliases. This is not very helpful, as I have over 1000 aliases to deal with (takes 56 seconds refresh after every move). And that's for us little folks... I can only imagine how painful it might be to open the Alias section of the Admin console for a corporate business.

If someone can confirm that this isn't just me, I'll create a bug fix request. (Just search for an alias, and then try to move it from that search page.)

Update :: I'll also add to the request that at least a "highlight multiple" move be made available (if not the full out "checkbox selection").
    Last edited by emiro; 06-09-2010 at 07:25 AM.

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by emiro View Post
    If someone can confirm that this isn't just me, I'll create a bug fix request. (Just search for an alias, and then try to move it from that search page.)
    Yes, I can confirm that it doesn't work from the Search results - Zimbra 6.0.6 NE.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Thread Information