Thread: zmmailboxmove completed but the account missing left bar

sugiggs is offline Loyal Member

Default zmmailboxmove completed but the account missing left bar

I tried to move an account to other mailbox server (same ldap) but after moving I cant see folder list on the left. The left pane is totally blank even if I click preferences.

I moved back and the left pane is back!

Anyone experience before?

uxbod is offline Moderator

Now that is very strange ... Any possibility of a screen shot ? What happens if you view the account through the Admin GUI instead of directly logging in as the user ? You could also try clearing the browser cache as-well.

sugiggs is offline Loyal Member

Tried both direct login and "view mail" but got same result. On other browser was also the same.

Here's the screenshot..

*real email addresses and IP addresses are changed*

Error Message from mailbox.log
    Code:
    2010-04-12 16:18:58,961 INFO  [btpool0-11890:http://11.11.11.122:8080/service/soap/BatchRequest/SearchRequest] [name=userMoved@domain.com;aname=admin@domain.com;mid=106;ip=11.11.11.220;] soap - SearchRequest
    2010-04-12 16:18:58,961 INFO  [btpool0-11890:http://11.11.11.122:8080/service/soap/BatchRequest/SearchRequest] [name=userMoved@domain.com;aname=admin@domain.com;mid=106;ip=11.11.11.220;] misc - delegated access: doc=Search, delegating account=admin@domain.com, authenticated account=userMoved@domain.com, target account=userMoved@domain.com
    2010-04-12 16:18:58,961 INFO  [btpool0-11890:http://11.11.11.122:8080/service/soap/BatchRequest/SearchRequest] [name=userMoved@domain.com;aname=admin@domain.com;mid=106;ip=11.11.11.220;] SoapEngine - handler exception
    com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException: invalid request: no query submitted and no default query found
    ExceptionId:btpool0-11890:http://11.11.11.122:8080/service/soap/BatchRequest/SearchRequest:1271060338961:2d3816d7222f2626
    Code:service.INVALID_REQUEST
    	at com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException.INVALID_REQUEST(ServiceException.java:254)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.index.SearchParams.parse(SearchParams.java:388)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.service.mail.Search.handle(Search.java:93)
    	at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatchRequest(SoapEngine.java:418)
    	at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.java:272)
    	at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.java:156)
    	at com.zimbra.soap.SoapServlet.doWork(SoapServlet.java:291)
    	at com.zimbra.soap.SoapServlet.doPost(SoapServlet.java:212)
    	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:727)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.servlet.ZimbraServlet.service(ZimbraServlet.java:181)
    	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:502)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1157)
    	at org.mortbay.servlet.UserAgentFilter.doFilter(UserAgentFilter.java:81)
    	at org.mortbay.servlet.GzipFilter.doFilter(GzipFilter.java:148)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1148)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:379)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:181)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:765)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:418)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:230)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:114)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.rewrite.RewriteHandler.handle(RewriteHandler.java:230)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.DebugHandler.handle(DebugHandler.java:77)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:324)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:525)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.content(HttpConnection.java:882)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:755)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:218)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:387)
    	at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:409)
    	at org.mortbay.thread.BoundedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(BoundedThreadPool.java:451)
    2010-04-12 16:19:00,948 INFO  [Pop3Server-362114] [ip=11.11.11.118;] pop - connected

Chewie71 is offline Trained Alumni

I ran into the exact same issue today with an account. We're running 6.0.4.

I changed skins, cleared browser cache, closed/restarted the browser, messed with preferences, re-indexed the mailbox, etc...

I tried switching to the Standard HTML client which worked initially but after switching back and forth between different Zimbra tabs....it got screwed up as well. The Standard HTML client did give me a little box that said the client had run into a problem...but clicking on it did not give me any more info.

What DID work however...was running in debug mode. I was actually trying to get more info about what was going on, but as soon as I put it into debug mode...

http://HOSTNAME/zimbra/?debug=1

Everything came back as normal....and when I took it out of debug mode all was fine. Very strange.

This bug shows what the UI looked like for me...but we don't use the skin referenced in that bug...
    Bug 43393 – Folders are not shown in left folder pane of email tab for some accounts

Matt

xinfaith is offline Junior Member

Hi Matt,

I have encountered the exact same problem as Suggigs.
    We are running on 6.0.6.
    Using http://HOSTNAME/zimbra/?debug=1 does not resolve our issue though.

We tested that if the user had logged in at least once before the mailbox move, the left pane will be missing.
    But if the account is brand new and never been authenticated before, there is no such problem.

Tested moving the mailbox via zmprov and using the web interface but same results.

Anyone else experience the same issue?

With warm regards,
    Faith

Quote Originally Posted by Chewie71 View Post
    I ran into the exact same issue today with an account. We're running 6.0.4.
    What DID work however...was running in debug mode. I was actually trying to get more info about what was going on, but as soon as I put it into debug mode...

http://HOSTNAME/zimbra/?debug=1

Everything came back as normal....and when I took it out of debug mode all was fine. Very strange.

This bug shows what the UI looked like for me...but we don't use the skin referenced in that bug...
    Bug 43393 – Folders are not shown in left folder pane of email tab for some accounts

Matt

dgcurtis is offline Trained Alumni

I know this is an old thread but I have seen this issue also. I believe it has something to do with the java cache.

I know that in the past, restarting java has cleared it up but I don't have to have to restart java when this issue comes up.

Doug

dgcurtis is offline Trained Alumni

In case anyone else runs into this, it appears to be an issue with memcached. Once I restarted it, the folders instantly appeared.

memcached must be keeping the account's old mailhost and not refreshing it to the newly moved server.

Doug

andy204 is offline Senior Member

Bug 66149 – After zmmailboxmove user to a different server via Admin console, folders disappear in web client, proxy routing cache doesn't get refreshed

please vote here and tell them that the bug is NOT fixed. zimbra/vmware is ignoring this. we do have the same problem

ddelon is offline New Member

I've had this problem and i'm according with Doug: memcached memorizes routes to stores.
    There's no need to restart any service. Use the command:
    zmproxypurge -a adrOfTheMovedAccount
    on every zimbra proxy.

Thread Information